Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.0

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Express (Columbus, OH) in November 2012.

Interview

I literally had 17 interviews, before I was hired. The process took 3 months. I interviewed with several people over the phone. I drove to an interview. For one interview, I took an Amtrak train. I was flown to Columbus, Ohio. I interviewed with 8 people in one day, and I flew back home the same day. All travel expenses were paid for.

Interview Questions

• If your current employer had an anniversary party for you, what 5 words would be written on the cake to describe you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated with the recruiter, and he was very agreeable. I was also given options.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willow Grove, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Express (Willow Grove, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

I filled out an online application and got a call a few days later asking to schedule an interview. I scheduled the interview for about six days later. When I went in for the interview there were two other woman interviewing with the same person and the exactly some time. The interviewer just went down the line and asked us each the same questions. The interview took place on a bench in the mall the store was located in despite the fact that the store was not yet open and there was no one in it. The whole thing was incredibly unprofessional. Luckily I got a job somewhere else because after the way the way I treated, I would have serious doubts about working there if offered a job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Express in June 2011.

Interview

Completed an app online and was called a week and a half later for an interview. It was with 4 others and lasted about an hour. We were told that the following week we would be contacted, if selected to continue on in the hiring process. I, unfortunately, didn't get a call back, their loss.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Express (Fresno, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Group interview held in the back room of the store. It was myself and 3 other candidates. There were lots of scenario questions and sales based questions. 2 of the candidates kept dragging out the question so by time it was my turn and the other candidates turn to answer, we had forgotten the basis of the question.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you would boost sales in the store.   Answer Question

Express Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. Myself and two other candidates were asked a series of questions (some situational) and took turns answering. The hardest part is making yourself standout without looking like you're overcompensating by bulldozing the others. Try to answer first every other question, maintain contact and use others' answers to build up your own; this shows you're good at listening and teamwork.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself

Q: When was a time you either received or was given good/bad customer service?

Q: what qualifies you for this position?

Q: Strengths/Weaknesses and how have you worked on them?

Q: If a customer comes in looking for a pair of shoes, what do you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Express (King of Prussia, PA) in July 2012.

Interview

I had never shopped at Express before, as their stuff was a bit too pricy for a broke high-school student. However they did seem fancy, and their associates tended to be attractive. It seemed like a pretty cool place to work, and that's how they hooked me in during the interview. It was group interview, which took place at the mall's food court after a moderate amount of interviewees showed up. Most of the questions really reinforced the idea that you would need to be trendy and super upbeat to retain your employment. The biggest thing was the interviewer who was able to keep up her work attitude, even though we weren't in the presence of customers. In a nutshell, I was impressed.

Interview Questions

• The question was something like, "What was the most impressive experience you had with a sales associate." I was lucky enough to have been sweet talked into buying an entire suit before at a different store, when I only walked by. It blew my mind how easily the women manipulated me, and I think that was what sealed the deal for me. However, pretty much everyone else had a super difficult time with this one. I'm assuming it's because it's very difficult for any associate to really blow a customer's mind away.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. It's a sales associate position in retail. You get the job and what they regularly pay. Simple as that.

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Express (Brandon, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

Submitted an application around November/December. I guess they were finally hiring and called me in February. It was a group interview with about 10 people. After they asked 5 questions, they said that were going to call names and keep some of us. They kept three of us and hired the 3 of us. All of the questions were about selling and retail, if you have not worked in retail they might be a little intimidating. The most interesting question I think they asked was " Describe a time when you had a good shopping experience. " The entire interview took about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation where you have been rejected and what you did after you were rejected. (selling something)   Answer Question
    • Please describe a situation where you have had a dissatisfied customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Why Express?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between servicing a customer and customer service?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you have had to sell something to a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, after the manager welcomed us to the team she basically stated that the job is minimum wage, but there are opportunities for raises.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express (Columbus, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

met with three managers, asked general and behavioral quesitons. didnt get a call back for the final round

Senior Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Express in January 2011.

Interview

i have recently getting frequent messages on my linkedin account in regards to new openings.
    1step is the phone interview process that could take up to 2 hours. Pls the HR what do you have prepare for this interview.
    then the 101 interview is 1st going to be with the person you are reporting to and few after. be ready to walk through your resume, tell them about things you have done that you proud of. talk about the company you are interviewing for and get as much in as you can from your "future" boss

Interview Questions

• The like to know SWOT analysis , it all comes down to how you'll be able to join the team and start driving the business   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Express (Kansas City, MO) in October 2009.

Interview

I was asked basic situational questions as a part of a group, and then we went around the group answering the questions. Some of the questions were a bit awkward and subjective. They asked what I might do if a customer needed an outfit for ____. They also wanted to know about my initiative, i.e. what would I do if I had lots of customers but I thought another employee was spending too much time recovering the store instead of helping customers.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to another employee that you didn't think was working hard enough?   Answer Question