Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Express Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Express (Albuquerque, NM) in October 2013.

Interview

The process varied, some people were hires on the spot, some of them were one on one interviews with manager obtained through application screening process. Mine was a walk in and I was hired on the spot after a few questions from the manager

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Express (Beaumont, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I went in and met with the store manager after a mutual friend introduced us a few days before. They briefly showed me around the store and talked to me about availability. Then asked when I could come back to sign paper work. About a week after that I started.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability? What kind of experience do you have? Why do you want to work at Express?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Locust Grove, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Locust Grove, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied to Express in Locust Grove, GA. I got a called back a week later to schedule for an interview. It was a group interview with one other person besides me. The interview process went great. The manager even said she would give us a call back Thursday for a start date. I never received a phone call and it has been three days since my interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Express?

What is the differences between a good customer services and a exceptional customer services?

Describe a time when you dealt with a unhappy customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunland Park, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Sunland Park, NM) in August 2016.

Interview

Got a phone call asking if i would be able to go for an interview. When went they asked basic questions and right away offered. Stated the next week. Very nice co workers

Interview Questions

• Why do you think i should hire you   1 Answer
    • What would you do if someone was stealing   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Reno, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview itself went fairly quick. I didn't have prior work experience so there weren't many questions I could be asked. The manager was very nice yet professional and I was offered the job on the spot. She felt the job was a perfect fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you found yourself in a stressful situation, and tell me how you coped with it?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Express (Geneva, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. They asked about previous retail experience and wanted to get to know me. They asked how I would do in their type of environment. Overall an easy interview.

Interview Questions

• How will your retail experience in the past prepare you for this role?   1 Answer

Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Express (Okemos, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Was only a phone interview, in my two years here not once did i meet the hiring manager. Took probably 10 minutes. Wasnt asked many questions, was more of a one sided conversation.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to lead the store to success?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Express (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

TIPS:
    - Look up interview questions and practice your answers
    - Do research on the company... find 3 things you like about Express (ex: amazing clothes for any occasion, great customer service, support for non-profit organizations/gives back to the community)
    - Be confident and make sure to breathe so that you can be calm and show parts of your personality
    - Have good posture and good eye contact

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Sacramento, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Easy process, i applied via online and receive a call 3 days later. My first interview was in group and was for Part Time Sales Associate. The next day i received a call to inquire about my availability for an interview that was conducted by the manager, for a Full Time Sales Associate.This interview was one to one.

Interview Questions

• What was you most happy moment?   1 Answer
    • In you previous job what accomplishment did you receive?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express in November 2015.

Interview

Asked about previous work experience, why you wanted to work for them and then discussed availability for the position. Very easy and basic interview, said they would check with my references and then let me know within a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation