Express Co-Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 28, 2017

2.4

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Express (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with the Store Manager and District Manager. Business casual dress with professional demeanor. Do your research to effectively speak to the brands expectations and culture, it is an extremely comfortable eviornment to interview as long as it's the right hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How can you contribute to the succession of the brand's standard?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Express

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Denver, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Submitted online application, received a call a few days later to go to the store for an in-person interview. Discussed best practices and previous work experience with the hiring manager. Then the hiring manager helped find an open position at another store to match my qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Express (Grand Rapids, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

Filled out an online application and within a week, received a call from the Store Manager requesting a date & time for an interview. She decided the day and a time to meet and told me we'd be meeting in the store. When I arrived for the interview early, the manager was ringing up customers, as there were only 2 employees working that day. She took me into the back office, which was cluttered and freezing cold. We sat and talked a bit about the weather before she began the interview. She let me know she'd have to leave her radio on, as there was only 1 other employee working the front. She asked normal interview questions, got up and walked out during the process about 4 or 5 times, as she was needing to help out front and was receiving a delivery. After all was said and done (about an hour of questions) she let me know that she would speak with her district manager and call me back . I sent a handwritten thank you note after the interview had finished. She called back to thank me for the note and to let me know she didn't have any managerial positions and she'd keep me first in line when one became available.

Interview Questions

• Why work for Express?   1 Answer
    • (Mostly behavioral response questions) Tell me about a time that you had a difficult customer, what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of when you had to deal with a difficult employee, what was the solution?   Answer Question
    • In your sales/retail experience, what was one of the things you enjoyed doing the most? Specific details?   Answer Question

I accepted a position with another company. I waited for two weeks to hear from her that there were no positions open, even though the company's website said there were...

Co Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Express (Fredericksburg, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Listen to people on here.. you WILL NOT GET A MANAGEMENT JOB....
    The manager/ sales associate application is the same, when applying you cant choose what position..
    I applied on a Sunday got a call that Monday... Interview was set for later on the same week...interview was nice and easy but the manager kept talking about quality and sale, sale, sale. All of which was ok until he said, " I dont like to over pay, we like to see how you work. After 3 months we will sit down look at your performance and decide on a raise" He said the raise depends on the performance review. He said they were only hiring for part-time sales....and he pays (key word he said he ) $8.50 an hr.... now where I live most places pay $9.... and I have over 5 years exp....

The manager then goes on to say.... he will call my references and then call me back... he acts as if its such an honor to work there...when it pays lower than most and is only part time....

Anyway... he said they usually only give management jobs from within....

Interview Questions

• Hardest thing about retail
      What would you do if you saw an employee stealing   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Express (Savannah, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied on line. Received a phone call from recruiting 2 weeks later brief interview. How much experience do you have? That sort of thing. Less than a week I received another phone interview with district manager explaining the expectations and she also ask the typical interview questions. Before ending the call she confirmed that I had the job. Best advice ask for 43k and go from there.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have?   1 Answer

Co- Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express (Stockton, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I was referred for the position by a former manager. After filling out the application I went into the store to introduce myself to the store manager. I had a mini interview on the spot, and was scheduled for a second formal interview a few days later. The whole process took about two weeks before I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Express (Colorado Springs, CO) in December 2015.

Interview

I had applied for the Co-Manager position, and when the store manager called to set up the interview, he confirmed that is what I was interviewing for. Basic interview, standard questions. Very brief. At the end, he told me that the interview was for a sales lead, and that he'd hired a Co-Manager a week and a half before. Disappointing, and a waste of time. I wish he'd told me that when he'd first called.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express (Washington, DC) in June 2013.

Interview

Very informal and casual talk. Based more about personality traits and ability to connect to someone you know little about. Interviewed with district manager first, and followed by store manager to determine the ability to cooperate with one another in the stores.

Co Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Express (Vero Beach, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

I had an interview with the store manager . before interview we talked about Co manager position in Express and did schedule.
    when I got there . at the start I got surprise "we have open position for part time sail associate "she said !
    what????
    did you see my resume ????
    that is not professional company .

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Express (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Quick and simple. Got straight to the point with each question. The manager was very nice and asked questions about my job experience and what I wanted to do long-term after college.