Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Express Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (New York, NY).

Interview

Really didnt have a formal interview . Just came in and they asked general questions about hours and experience . Little to no difficulty , it was one of the easiest interviews ive ever been on. Was hired on the spot

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Express (Edison, NJ).

Interview

Group interview with about 5 other people. Easy enough for anyone with a high school degree, or is still in high school. The manager was nice & enthusiastic. Blunt personalities all around, just there to make money. Didn't seem to bother anyone the fact that most people complained about the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

The application is completed online. I received a call from the hiring manager within a week to schedule an interview, went in for short interview (~15 mins), and was hired and scheduled for orientation within a week from the interview. The interview was simple, a few questions about any customer service or retail experience (I had no retail experience), schedule, hours I wanted, etc.

Interview Questions

• A customer comes in and asks for help finding a dress. What are 3 followup questions you would ask?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

Asked in store if they were hiring, they told me to apply online. I applied online (simple application and a personality test), they had me come in for an interview. The assistant manager brought me into the stockroom and just ran through really basic, typical interview questions. She called me back a day or two later and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work holidays?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't really any. She called and offered the job and starting wage, asked if I wanted the job or not.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. They want to be sure you have a basic understanding of the position and the duties associated with it. They asked about previous sales experience and customer relations.

Co Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Express (Fredericksburg, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Listen to people on here.. you WILL NOT GET A MANAGEMENT JOB....
    The manager/ sales associate application is the same, when applying you cant choose what position..
    I applied on a Sunday got a call that Monday... Interview was set for later on the same week...interview was nice and easy but the manager kept talking about quality and sale, sale, sale. All of which was ok until he said, " I dont like to over pay, we like to see how you work. After 3 months we will sit down look at your performance and decide on a raise" He said the raise depends on the performance review. He said they were only hiring for part-time sales....and he pays (key word he said he ) $8.50 an hr.... now where I live most places pay $9.... and I have over 5 years exp....

The manager then goes on to say.... he will call my references and then call me back... he acts as if its such an honor to work there...when it pays lower than most and is only part time....

Anyway... he said they usually only give management jobs from within....

Interview Questions

• Hardest thing about retail
      What would you do if you saw an employee stealing   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Port Saint Lucie, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Express (Port Saint Lucie, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was easy. I showed up on time and was interviewed in the back by the manager. It didn't take very long, maybe 30 or so minutes at the most. I was offered the job at the end.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Columbus, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

We sat out in the hallway of the mall and spoke about why I wanted to get into retail from my past job experience, and about who I was as a person. I feel like the interview questions were appropriate, but there wasn't as much emphasis on career growth as I would have liked as someone with several years of managerial experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you disagree with your supervisor?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Express (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview, the manager asked us 6 questions. It took place in the back of the store, like the warehouse area. The manager was very friendly and welcoming and briefed us about the store. It didn't take very long either. He didn't ask to see our resume.

Interview Questions

• Is the customer always right?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coconut, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express (Coconut, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

it was a group interview i was the first one there,had to wait around for 10 minutes for other candidates to arrive.It was pretty casual and laid back.The girl taking our interview said it was her first time doing this by herself.Interview was 30mins long.Most of the questions were personality based.just smile a lot they want friendly people.

Interview Questions

• how would you deal with a difficult customer ?   1 Answer
    • How would you react if you saw an employ checking out merch on employee discount for others.   Answer Question
    • why express ?   Answer Question