Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Express Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.1

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

The interview questions dealt with stockroom management, UPH standards, and overall team leadership. If interviewing for stock expert you must know how stockrooms work. The longest part is waiting for a call back because they need to call references and actually set a date for you to come in for orientation. The process took a week and I was offered the position then.

Interview Questions

• what to do when a mass amount of shipment is coming in   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a stock associate who isnt up to uph standard   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

Applied online on one of the job websites, got a call to fix an interview time 2 days later. Went in for the interview, was asked to fill out the job application on their website - which is a lil different The Interviewer was the store manager, very nice and chilled. She called me back a week later.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

in person interview in the stores back manager's office with either a co manager or store manager, The prospective employee is asked a series of questions and then call references after interview

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Express in May 2016.

Interview

They called me the day I submitted my application and were very friendly. I interviewed with them twice, both were group interviews. They asked very simple questions such as, "Why do you want to work at Express?" I would recommend doing research on the company before hand.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate when I was going to start.

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Express (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2016.

Interview

Walked into the store to shop. Was helped by a cool associate and asked her how she liked the job and she said she loved it, so I said it would be cool to work here. She told me to go introduce myself to the manager, so i did and she also put in a good word for me. The manager liked me and had me write down my name and number and told me to apply online and he would get mine the next day. I filled it out online and received a call the next day to schedule an interview for 2 days after. Arrived at the interview about 10 minutes before and was asked to wander around while the manager is busy. Called back into the managers office where he asked me 3 simple questions and then asked me availability. He hired me on the spot and scheduled orientation 3 days later.

Express Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Express (King of Prussia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

The overall process was very easy and quick. I walked in the store saw they were hiring and wrote down my name and phone number. Also, I was told to apply online. About a few days later, I got a call for an interview. It was a group interview with two other people applying. The interview lasted for about 30/40 minutes. The hiring manager told us that he needed a reference because he was going to call them within the next few days.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing (it can be anything, not just work related) that makes you unique?   Answer Question
    • What is the best experience you have had as a customer? (This question does not have to be specifically mention to retail.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation the hiring manager was very upfront about the $8.10 hourly pay. Pretty much letting us know it's take or leave it.

Express Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Express (Akron, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

i applied on april 28th and received a phone call one month later to come in for a interview. i arrived 20 minutes early to look and shop around, the hiring manager greeted me and said we were waiting on two other people for a group interview. The third person didnt show up, but our interview was conducted in the starbucks area not inside the office.

Interview Questions

• the interview questions were mostly general questions: tell me about yourself and what why i wanted to work for express.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Express in May 2016.

Interview

I came in for an in person interview and was asked the typical behavioral questions, what I study in college, and what retail experience I have. He described the job duties and told me that I was hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Express (Macon, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call within a couple days to come in to interview with the store manager. Interview was one on one and took about 15-20 minutes. Pretty casual and everyone was friendly and nice. Lots of people working at a time. There were several interviews in a row after mine.

Backroom Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Express (Coral Springs, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I was brought into a backroom with two other people for a group interview. We were all given the same questions. I had to go first and it seemed as if the guy who answered after me was pretty much repeating my answers. Pretty straight-forward questions, however I suggest making a list of questions and answers that have to do with customer service experience and dealing with customers.