Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Express Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.0

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Express in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call two days later. The group interview was held at a coffee spot in the mall with two other girls and went very smoothly. I was asked questions about stocking, retail, sales, etc. I personally have had no retail experience and found the interview process to be rather simple! I was pulled aside for a one on one interview which also went smoothly and got the offer two days later. I interviewed for a sales associate position and was offered a stylist position instead.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Astoria, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express (Astoria, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was easy for me and the interviewer was taking the place of someone else whom was on vacation at the time. It was a normal retail interview, What helped me was I was wearing Express clothes and had conversational personality if that makes sense.

I denied the job the day of orientation because the interviewer. She was boasting about how "intimidated" other employees are of her and smirked. I did not want to work somewhere where the managers are proud of being bullies!! Plus I also witness how she talked down to other team members ..No thank you :/ The pay is horrible on top of that :(

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Express (Aurora, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Good thing is to start your story with something like "I know how important customers are...I've been in sales for a long time (even if you haven't)...I love the product you're selling...etc etc"

The manager is very nice. She tells stories about career opportunities but gives vague answers on questions about wage, how many hours a week. And of course the manager describes it as the best job ever.

Interview Questions

• Q: why do you want to work here?
      Q: have you ever worked in sales before?
      Q: what's your availability?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Express (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

The interview was relatively easy. You need to know about fashion obviously. Wear something express would sell and accessorize!! Theyre going to ask you around 5 questions and you need to be calm and BE CONFIDENT! You should always smile and act sophisticated! Good luck with the interview you guys!

Interview Questions

• How to you keep up with fasion?   1 Answer
    • Why do you like fasion?   1 Answer
    • Do you have experience in retail?   1 Answer
    • Do you like to accessorize?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Manager offered 8.25 an hour but was only paid 8.05 an hour!

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Express (Aurora, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online, got a call to schedule an interview a few days later, and interviewed the next day. I let them know I was there and ready about 20 minutes prior to the scheduled interview time; the boss came to get me exactly at the scheduled time, and it turned out to be an individual interview (apparently they're often done in groups here). I interviewed in the back room, and the interview lasted 20 minutes at most. The person interviewing me was very friendly and she asked fairly easy questions. Although some were rather vague and asked me to recall specific instances, they were straightforward. I was told that the rest of the candidates were interviewing in a group interview the next night. I went to the store the next day to drop off a thank you note for the manager with whom I interviewed (I definitely recommend doing this!). I'd also recommend bringing a notepad and pen, as well as a copy of your resumé. Wearing a little bit of Express merchandise to talk about during the interview might also be a good idea. I got a call 4 days after the interview from the same person with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself. What got you interested in working at Express?   1 Answer
    • What did you like and dislike about your previous jobs?   1 Answer
    • Where would you say you get your fashion sense and ideas from?   1 Answer
    • Can you think of a situation where you've been part of a team? Can you think of a situation where a team member slacked off, had a bad attitude, etc.? How did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Accountant I, Sales Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

I reached out to a Senior recruiter for express via Linkedin. Upon contacting me, we had a brief discussion about my background and qualifications. She then sent my resume over and I had a phone interview with an Accounting Manager, the I interviewed with 4 managers from different departments (Accounting & HR). The interview took about 3 hours and a week later I was contacted with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working in a fast paced environment   Answer Question

Full Time Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Express (Edina, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

Very friendly and fun experience. Met with the hiring manager, and after talking with me, she called that afternoon and said the manager wanted to meet me and offer me a higher position. I then met with the manager, and she wanted me to meet the district manager. The district manager interviewed me and said great things. Lastly, I met with the store manager as here the district manager wanted to place me at. Long process but really paid off.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Express (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied in store and had an interview one week later. Group interview with two other people that lasted around 30 minutes. Basic questions on strengths and weaknesses. Big focus on customer service and how Express is different than most retail clothing stores.

Interview Questions

• Specific situations regarding customer service and past experiences   Answer Question

Express Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Express (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quite simple. The manager was really nice and down to earth, she made me feel comfortable. The interview took about 20mins, after the interview was over she asked for a list of references, which I already had prepared. I gave her a list of three references to call, but she only ended up calling one of them. The process took a week. I was very persistent, I made a follow up call to ask about the position to see about my status and if the position was filled. The manager was caught up with other things, so I waited until the next week to come, I called that Monday and spoke with the hiring manager and she called my one of my references, and she offered me the job. So if you don't hear back forna few days it's smart to make a follow up call to see how things are going. Make sure to ask several questions, when they ask you if you have any questions. Make sure to learn the background of the company and about their services and organizations that they participate in.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

Interview

I applied online and a few days later got a call from the manager for an interview. The interview was held in the food court, it was at least 20 minutes long. The manager was really down to earth and friendly, she made me feel comfortable. After the interview she asked for references, and told me if they check out I'll hear back from her. We interviewed on a Monday and i hadn't heard back from anyone, so I waited until Thursday to follow up but the manager who interviewed me wasn't in. I let the week pass by, then I called back the next Monday and talked to the manager and she offered me the job. Being persistent came in handy.