Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Express Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. They want to be sure you have a basic understanding of the position and the duties associated with it. They asked about previous sales experience and customer relations.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Express (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview, the manager asked us 6 questions. It took place in the back of the store, like the warehouse area. The manager was very friendly and welcoming and briefed us about the store. It didn't take very long either. He didn't ask to see our resume.

Interview Questions

• Is the customer always right?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coconut, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express (Coconut, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

it was a group interview i was the first one there,had to wait around for 10 minutes for other candidates to arrive.It was pretty casual and laid back.The girl taking our interview said it was her first time doing this by herself.Interview was 30mins long.Most of the questions were personality based.just smile a lot they want friendly people.

Interview Questions

• how would you deal with a difficult customer ?   1 Answer
    • How would you react if you saw an employ checking out merch on employee discount for others.   Answer Question
    • why express ?   Answer Question

Express Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Express (Columbus, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

I just recently got hired for a part-time position by Express and the interview was very laid back. It was relaxed and easy-going, we went outside of the store and sat on a couch and just chatted. I was asked simple questions, some about myself, what would I do if I thought a customer was stealing, and what would I do if I thought a fellow co-worker was stealing. The interview lasted all of 10 minutes and I was hired on the spot. Very good experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you thought a customer was stealing?   1 Answer

Express Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Express (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Only took 3 days. It was fast. Super easy not a lot of questions asked. Got hired immediately and started working next day. There is a training session super easy too.

Interview Questions

• Are the customers always right?   1 Answer

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Denver, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Submitted online application, received a call a few days later to go to the store for an in-person interview. Discussed best practices and previous work experience with the hiring manager. Then the hiring manager helped find an open position at another store to match my qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Express (Fresno, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Group interview held in the back room of the store. It was myself and 3 other candidates. There were lots of scenario questions and sales based questions. 2 of the candidates kept dragging out the question so by time it was my turn and the other candidates turn to answer, we had forgotten the basis of the question.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you would boost sales in the store.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Express (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

You apply online. Called with in a week. Dress sharp! The management is pretty young but don't underestimate them, they are great at their jobs. You wi have two interviews, so be prepared for both

Interview Questions

• Why express? Describe a time that you handled an upset customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Express (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager was nice and relaxed. He asked few questions and the interview only took 10 minutes. They talk about how they accept everyone whether it is different colors, gay, piercings, tattoos.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Was very easy, if you have any basic retail experience and can convey your knowledge of the position requirements simply and confidently then you will do well. It's not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• What was a time a customer was unhappy and how did you handle it?   1 Answer