Express Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 8, 2017

2.0

415 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Express (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

TIPS:
- Look up interview questions and practice your answers
- Do research on the company... find 3 things you like about Express (ex: amazing clothes for any occasion, great customer service, support for non-profit organizations/gives back to the community)
- Be confident and make sure to breathe so that you can be calm and show parts of your personality
- Have good posture and good eye contact

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Express

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

Group interview. There were a few questions, mostly retail-specific and based on situations or past experiences. They emphasized a high standard for customer service. They got back to me quickly.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Albany, NY).

Interview

Applied at Express in Albany online and got a call a few days later. They asked if I could come into a group interview which I declined because I had work, but we rescheduled for another time. I was called back the next day asking if I could come in at a later time - I agreed. When I went in it was to my surprise a group interview. Some people came in late or did not act appropriately as they should have during the interview, but the manager hired everyone there. Seems to me like they don't care who they hire.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Express   Answer Question
    • Tell me a little bit about yourself   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you had good customer service and what made it good. Followed by- What's the difference between a good customer service experience and a great experience   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

Asked me a few questions over the phone and set a face to face interview date. Super chill and easy interview questions. I was offered a position on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

I walked into the store and the manager took me out to the mall to sit on a bench to conduct the interview. She asked me about school and my availability and then started with the interview questions. Overall it was really relaxed and simple.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call just a few days later to set up an interview time. I went in for the interview, which was super casual. I was told I would receive a call in 3 day whether or not I received the job. I thought the interview went well, but nervous about not getting it because I heard that most people get told right on the spot whether they got it. I received a call saying I had the job on the third day later in the day.

Interview Questions

• What store has provided you with an ideal customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

Easy going. Didn't take much for them to like me. Just need a really nice personality overall. Managers are easy going. They just need to like you enough to hire you.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomingdale, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Express (Bloomingdale, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Group interview, manager sat on the table so it was chill, come dressed as you like since the other 2 people I was interviewed with had blue jeans on, it was about 20 minutes, really simple questions

Interview Questions

• Name one time you have had good or bad customer experience.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

Received a phone call went in, was told to dress casual cute, got there was asked to pick a going out outfit and an outfit for an interview! Super great nice people

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a customer entering the store   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call to set up in store interview within a week. In store interview was actually a group interview. Have to speak up in order to get noticed.