Express Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.0

433 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Brownsville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Brownsville, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Was interviewed with 2 other people. Simple interview trying to get to know us and any past experience we had. Lasted about ten minutes and ended up getting hired later that day.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Express

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express (Boca Raton, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

It took 2 weeks. Very unprofessional place, I went in for an interview and had to wait like 5 minutes. Then The manager didn’t even interview me and made me get interviewed by some employee.

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Express (Sterling Heights, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

Very Easy hiring manager is very friendly and bubbly she made me feel comfortable and we joked a lot I was hired on the spot 4 days later was asked to come in for orientation

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

very chill...individual interview then group interview...just be talkative and not weird and you should be fine getting the job... surprisingly a lot of people did apply with my batch (at least 10) but they selected two people... submit resume too

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at express   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

You go through two interviews. Both are group interviews, first with the hiring manager then with the store manager. The manager will present a question and each candidate has to answer. It lasts around 20 minutes.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

It wasn't so much of an interview as an explanation of the position. She only asked me two questions but it was clear she was intending to give me an offer at the end. Since I was 17, she explained I could only work 4 hr shifts, including weekends, and at $7.75. They really wanted to hire me, but I had gotten a better offer earlier, so I declined. She made it obvious that customer satisfaction was more important than anything else, and the position of sales associate is more a stylist than anything else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Group interview with 2 more people, friendly atmosphere. The worker asked many questions about fashion, our opinions about Express store, about our outfits, more situational questions like - what would you do , how would you react.

Anonymous Employee in El Cajon, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (El Cajon, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview with one other person. There was supposed to be another girl there but she came late so the manager didn't let her join. The guy that was with me was super cool and we got along well which was good in front of the manager. When we took turns answering, we kind of bounced off of each other/agreed with each other and added on to what the other was saying. We didn't answer the questions as if it was a competition. She was really easy going and didn't make the interview seem super serious. She laughed with us and let us ask questions at the end. Overall, it was pretty easy and good. It took about an hour. When I came in, I told an associate that I was here for an interview and the manager showed up about five minutes later and brought us to the back with her. I got a call with an offer about an hour after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you saw an employee steal? A customer steal?   1 Answer
    • What do you think would be the right punishment for stealing?   1 Answer
    • What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • If a female walked in and was looking for something not too casual and not too fancy, how would you help her find what she wants?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (New York, NY).

Interview

Called me for an interview and it lasted about 15 min maybe less. Just asked generic question about my style and what I hope to get out of the job. I was hired right after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Express (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

TIPS:
    - Look up interview questions and practice your answers
    - Do research on the company... find 3 things you like about Express (ex: amazing clothes for any occasion, great customer service, support for non-profit organizations/gives back to the community)
    - Be confident and make sure to breathe so that you can be calm and show parts of your personality
    - Have good posture and good eye contact