Express Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.0

424 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Express (Buford, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed a week after I've applied in stores. It was with a group of other potential applicants. At that time, the current store manager was very nice and welcoming, so do not feel stressed while going into the interview round. After the interview process, it took about a week or so for an answer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Express

Anonymous Employee in El Cajon, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (El Cajon, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview with one other person. There was supposed to be another girl there but she came late so the manager didn't let her join. The guy that was with me was super cool and we got along well which was good in front of the manager. When we took turns answering, we kind of bounced off of each other/agreed with each other and added on to what the other was saying. We didn't answer the questions as if it was a competition. She was really easy going and didn't make the interview seem super serious. She laughed with us and let us ask questions at the end. Overall, it was pretty easy and good. It took about an hour. When I came in, I told an associate that I was here for an interview and the manager showed up about five minutes later and brought us to the back with her. I got a call with an offer about an hour after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you saw an employee steal? A customer steal?   1 Answer
    • What do you think would be the right punishment for stealing?   1 Answer
    • What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • If a female walked in and was looking for something not too casual and not too fancy, how would you help her find what she wants?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Irvine, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

The entire process was fairly simple. Applied online and was contacted the next day for a job interview. The interview was with another person and the questions were straightforward. The next day I was called with a job offer and was asked to pick a day to come in for orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Group interview with 2 more people, friendly atmosphere. The worker asked many questions about fashion, our opinions about Express store, about our outfits, more situational questions like - what would you do , how would you react.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

It wasn't so much of an interview as an explanation of the position. She only asked me two questions but it was clear she was intending to give me an offer at the end. Since I was 17, she explained I could only work 4 hr shifts, including weekends, and at $7.75. They really wanted to hire me, but I had gotten a better offer earlier, so I declined. She made it obvious that customer satisfaction was more important than anything else, and the position of sales associate is more a stylist than anything else.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (New York, NY).

Interview

Called me for an interview and it lasted about 15 min maybe less. Just asked generic question about my style and what I hope to get out of the job. I was hired right after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Express (Albuquerque, NM) in October 2013.

Interview

The process varied, some people were hires on the spot, some of them were one on one interviews with manager obtained through application screening process. Mine was a walk in and I was hired on the spot after a few questions from the manager

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Express (Beaumont, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I went in and met with the store manager after a mutual friend introduced us a few days before. They briefly showed me around the store and talked to me about availability. Then asked when I could come back to sign paper work. About a week after that I started.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability? What kind of experience do you have? Why do you want to work at Express?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Locust Grove, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Locust Grove, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied to Express in Locust Grove, GA. I got a called back a week later to schedule for an interview. It was a group interview with one other person besides me. The interview process went great. The manager even said she would give us a call back Thursday for a start date. I never received a phone call and it has been three days since my interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Express?

What is the differences between a good customer services and a exceptional customer services?

Describe a time when you dealt with a unhappy customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunland Park, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Sunland Park, NM) in August 2016.

Interview

Got a phone call asking if i would be able to go for an interview. When went they asked basic questions and right away offered. Stated the next week. Very nice co workers

Interview Questions

• Why do you think i should hire you   1 Answer
    • What would you do if someone was stealing   1 Answer