Express Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Express Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Newport Beach, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I had a solo interview in the back room of the store with one of the managers. She was very friendly and welcoming. Most of the questions were about my past job experience. I haven't worked much but it still wasn't too hard to answer the questions. Overall I thought the interview went well. I was a little bit surprised that I didn't get an offer but I ended up getting offers from two other retail stores.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Express

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

in person interview in the stores back manager's office with either a co manager or store manager, The prospective employee is asked a series of questions and then call references after interview

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Express in May 2016.

Interview

They called me the day I submitted my application and were very friendly. I interviewed with them twice, both were group interviews. They asked very simple questions such as, "Why do you want to work at Express?" I would recommend doing research on the company before hand.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate when I was going to start.

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Express (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2016.

Interview

Walked into the store to shop. Was helped by a cool associate and asked her how she liked the job and she said she loved it, so I said it would be cool to work here. She told me to go introduce myself to the manager, so i did and she also put in a good word for me. The manager liked me and had me write down my name and number and told me to apply online and he would get mine the next day. I filled it out online and received a call the next day to schedule an interview for 2 days after. Arrived at the interview about 10 minutes before and was asked to wander around while the manager is busy. Called back into the managers office where he asked me 3 simple questions and then asked me availability. He hired me on the spot and scheduled orientation 3 days later.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Express in May 2016.

Interview

I came in for an in person interview and was asked the typical behavioral questions, what I study in college, and what retail experience I have. He described the job duties and told me that I was hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Express (Macon, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call within a couple days to come in to interview with the store manager. Interview was one on one and took about 15-20 minutes. Pretty casual and everyone was friendly and nice. Lots of people working at a time. There were several interviews in a row after mine.

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Express (Tulsa, OK) in April 2016.

Interview

Asked me questions about what I would do in certain situations like if a customer was unhappy. They talked to me about my previous working experience and stuff. We also briefly discussed the conversation he had with my reference.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a costumer was complaining and making a scene?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very inviting- Hiring manager was very thorough on what was expected as a Sales Associate. Willing to work with your schedule. They called me the following day after they checked all my references. Overall, a great experience.

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Express (Aurora, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Good thing is to start your story with something like "I know how important customers are...I've been in sales for a long time (even if you haven't)...I love the product you're selling...etc etc"

The manager is very nice. She tells stories about career opportunities but gives vague answers on questions about wage, how many hours a week. And of course the manager describes it as the best job ever.

Interview Questions

• Q: why do you want to work here?
      Q: have you ever worked in sales before?
      Q: what's your availability?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Express (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

The interview was relatively easy. You need to know about fashion obviously. Wear something express would sell and accessorize!! Theyre going to ask you around 5 questions and you need to be calm and BE CONFIDENT! You should always smile and act sophisticated! Good luck with the interview you guys!

Interview Questions

• How to you keep up with fasion?   1 Answer
    • Why do you like fasion?   1 Answer
    • Do you have experience in retail?   1 Answer
    • Do you like to accessorize?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Manager offered 8.25 an hour but was only paid 8.05 an hour!