Express Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 29, 2017

2.0

427 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (New York, NY).

Interview

Really didnt have a formal interview . Just came in and they asked general questions about hours and experience . Little to no difficulty , it was one of the easiest interviews ive ever been on. Was hired on the spot

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Express

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

The application is completed online. I received a call from the hiring manager within a week to schedule an interview, went in for short interview (~15 mins), and was hired and scheduled for orientation within a week from the interview. The interview was simple, a few questions about any customer service or retail experience (I had no retail experience), schedule, hours I wanted, etc.

Interview Questions

• A customer comes in and asks for help finding a dress. What are 3 followup questions you would ask?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

Asked in store if they were hiring, they told me to apply online. I applied online (simple application and a personality test), they had me come in for an interview. The assistant manager brought me into the stockroom and just ran through really basic, typical interview questions. She called me back a day or two later and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work holidays?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't really any. She called and offered the job and starting wage, asked if I wanted the job or not.

Anonymous Employee in Port Saint Lucie, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Express (Port Saint Lucie, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was easy. I showed up on time and was interviewed in the back by the manager. It didn't take very long, maybe 30 or so minutes at the most. I was offered the job at the end.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Columbus, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

We sat out in the hallway of the mall and spoke about why I wanted to get into retail from my past job experience, and about who I was as a person. I feel like the interview questions were appropriate, but there wasn't as much emphasis on career growth as I would have liked as someone with several years of managerial experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you disagree with your supervisor?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. They want to be sure you have a basic understanding of the position and the duties associated with it. They asked about previous sales experience and customer relations.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Express (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview, the manager asked us 6 questions. It took place in the back of the store, like the warehouse area. The manager was very friendly and welcoming and briefed us about the store. It didn't take very long either. He didn't ask to see our resume.

Interview Questions

• Is the customer always right?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coconut, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express (Coconut, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

it was a group interview i was the first one there,had to wait around for 10 minutes for other candidates to arrive.It was pretty casual and laid back.The girl taking our interview said it was her first time doing this by herself.Interview was 30mins long.Most of the questions were personality based.just smile a lot they want friendly people.

Interview Questions

• how would you deal with a difficult customer ?   1 Answer
    • How would you react if you saw an employ checking out merch on employee discount for others.   Answer Question
    • why express ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Express (Fresno, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Group interview held in the back room of the store. It was myself and 3 other candidates. There were lots of scenario questions and sales based questions. 2 of the candidates kept dragging out the question so by time it was my turn and the other candidates turn to answer, we had forgotten the basis of the question.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you would boost sales in the store.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Express (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

You apply online. Called with in a week. Dress sharp! The management is pretty young but don't underestimate them, they are great at their jobs. You wi have two interviews, so be prepared for both

Interview Questions

• Why express? Describe a time that you handled an upset customer.   Answer Question