ExpressJet Airlines Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

ExpressJet Airlines Interview Questions in Houston, TX

2.9

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview was in Houston, I had to fly to Houston and stay in a hotel. The interview started around 9 am. It was a group interview in a large room. The administrators reviewed the company vision and values with us, described the job and benefits. After this they asked each of us various questions which we had to answer in front of the room. Once this was over they began interviewing us individually and were mindful of when our flights were departing, taking the earlier departures earlier.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied March 2016 and was invited to the July open house. One of the most chill FA interviews ever. Just be yourself and come prepared to answer situational questions and it the 1on1 interview is literally 5 questions. You will know that day if your offered a CJO & you will be fingerprinted & DOT tested.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied to ExpressJet, and within a week, I was offered to fly out to Houston the following week for a face-to-face interview. I have already lived in Houston so my just drove myself to the interview located near the airport. The interview weekend with a PowerPoint introduction as well as an ice breaker and scenario questions - such as, "what if" or "what would you do if" questions. There is a small break for lunch and then you were brought back for two on one interviews.

I completed my face-to-face interview and was offered a CJO, or contentional job offer. Pending passing a background check and drug test, I was offered a job and was then given training assignments for the end of this month (August 2016).

The interviewers and fellow employees were all friendly and made sure you knew exactly what you would be getting into with this job. They are extremely family oriented.

Interview Questions

• While greeting customers boarding upon your flight, you encounter is belligerently drunk passenger. How do you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Dispatch Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines (Houston, TX).

Interview

face to face interview with the manager of dispatch. Walk in, get called, and in we went. It lasted not too long - it has been a pretty long time since I had this interview.

Interview Questions

• how much experience do you have? What is the role of the dispatcher?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was amazing a very down to earthling with professionalism shown in there staff. When I walked in the hiring department collected a copy of my passport, and resume. We sat down for a short video as the trainer went through pertinent information about the company and benefits of being an employee at ExpressJet. There was no need for them to tell us that they are family oriented because that was shown in there actions. Amazing!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Flight Attendent?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied on line October 2014. Was called in for an interview January 2015.
    One of the best interviews I've been to. The entire process was fun and they made us all feel at ease. As described in the previous posts pretty straight forward. A presentation of the company, then we each get up answer a question from the note card. Afterwards we get ready for individual interviews. I received a CJO and was finger printed and drug tested all in the same day.
    Again a great experience. The recruiters are friendly and you can tell they enjoy their job. Looking forward to my future with XJT.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process was actually pretty easy, they gave each of us a scenario situation and we had to get up in front of the room and introduce ourselves and answer and then tell our scenario and give our answer to what is said. After that we had a face to face with two people. I wasn't too nervous and I was able to be myself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Submitted the online application in mid May 2014, received a face-to-face interview invite email during the first week of June, received flight itinerary to Houston, TX a couple of days prior to interview, had interview mid June and received a "thanks but no thanks" email at the end of June. Learned a lot about the company during the interview orientation; not very appealing. The company expects a huge sacrifice from flight attendants but offer very minimal in return. You must pay for your uniforms, you can't work any additional lines during your first year (to try to earn a living because the pay is low), you're on-call the entire month, unpaid training for 4 weeks (they take care of housing but you must purchase your food) and you'll be based outside of your home state (which is fine unless you're based in a high cost of living state i.e. NY). The orientation left you thinking "I can't afford this job".

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't that difficult. Simple questions like explain a time when you had to make a decision without your supervisor's instructions or approval.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Was flown into houston for an interview and was first in a group presentation and then was given an index card with a question and called up in alphabetical order to introduce ourselves and read and answer our questions, they are looking for the way you present and articulate your self. Then you are taken in to another room to fill out the 10 year work history (have this information on another piece of paper will prepare you to fill this out), then you are called 1 at at time for a 2 on 1 interview. You are then at that time told you will be contact in 2 weeks or ask to go for further processing (drug testing and fingerprinting)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

1. Get the invitation to interview
    2. Fly to the interview according to the date they give you.
    3. Check-in (DO NOT BE LATE OR THEY WILL NOT LET YOU IN)
    4. Have your 2 resumes and 2 forms of photo identification.
    5. Be informed about the company via PowerPoint.
    6. Be prepared to be handed a random question to answer regarding the Flight Attendant Profession.
    7. Be escorted as a group to the lunch room to eat and fill out a 10 yr. work history form.
    8. Get called back individually for a 2:1 interview.
    9. Fingerprints, Background Paper work, and sent to do a drug test if chosen for the "next step".
    10. Play the waiting game to hear testing and background results without biting your nails off. 3-5 business days for the results, no news is good news from testing/background facilities. Be prepared to wait 2 weeks for official non-paid training invitation. I'm constantly checking my email over and over but I'm becoming concerned as to why I haven't heard back yet. It hasn't been 2 weeks yet but it sure does feel like it.

Interview Questions

• What would be the most challenging aspect of being a Flight Attendant   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate anything. The key is to be as flexible as possible, and when I go to training, I will then specify the location, but be prepared to not get that location.