Extended Stay America Housekeeper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Extended Stay America Housekeeper Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

1.2

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Durham, NC).

Interview

It was easy. Will you be available during the week and on the weekends. Because they stay busy. And do have a good eye for detail and time management. As long as your available and your background is clean and have a good attitude you basically have the job and you are through the door.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Extended Stay America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Roseville, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Absolutely the worst interview process I've ever experienced. Please read this review if you are applying to this location and BEWARE OF MANAGEMENT.

The interview itself went very well; the manager was friendly and the conversation flowed. He let me know that the Housekeeper position became unavailable, so he offered me the Porter position instead which is basically maintenance work. While this is definitely not what I wanted, I accepted the position and interviewed for that instead. At the end of the interview, I was basically told that I would get the job and I would soon get a job offer and was asked to promptly accept it within a time frame. This is where everything went downhill.

I never got an offer. I checked the portal several times and still did not see anything - so I emailed the manager. After a day, he replied and said to call him within a specific timeframe in the morning to talk about the position. The next day I called him within that timeframe and he didn't answer. I emailed and called AGAIN to let him know that I "apologize" for missing him even though I called within his timeframe. He ignored that as well. So, I decided to physically go into the hotel in an effort to confront him on why he's straight up ignoring me, but he wasn't there so I asked the front desk to leave a sticky note to call me about the position. Again, the manager intentionally ignored this as well.

It's one thing to not send an offer to a potential employee, but it's an entirely different thing to imply that they got the job and then ignore their attempts to reach out. I was genuinely interested in the position and was treated awfully by management. I cannot ever recommend this company. AVOID.

Interview Questions

• Can you do light maintenance?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Walked in to a hiring event and talked to the assistant manager. Very sweet. Asked about 20 questions and met with the head houskeeper. Told me to look out for an email from her which basically meant I had got the job. I received the email after 3 days and was also sent a background check authorization form. That took a week to get back to them. After that He told me to come in in 2 days to start my training. I Was hired and working within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing that you would pay attention to while cleaning?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Dimas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (San Dimas, CA).

Interview

Applied online, got a call back for an interview within 3-5 days. Interviewed by the manager only and got the offer the same day. They were really short on people the day I arrived. The office looked hectic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

Arrived minutes early. Waited 30 minutes with NO ETA on when the Assistant GM would make himself available for the scheduled interview. Left with message to reschedule. Lack of respect for my time made me think it possibly extends to lack of respect for the position in general or lack of communication skills by the front desk attendant or something else I'm unaware of. Regardless it was a positive on what not to waste my time on.

Housekeeper Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Extended Stay America in August 2016.

Interview

Easy , relaxed and very informative. The manager was polite knowledgeable and extremely easy to talk to. The company has very good guidelines in interviews and hiring process. The manager made it all seem effortless and it all went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• How long had I been in Housekeeping   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Charlotte, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

Very easy the women that interviewed me was the Manager for one of the hotels here she was very nice and made me feel at ease usually I'm a little nervous lol

Interview Questions

• Do I have any experience in housekeeping?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Hampton, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via email, set date for interview, went to interview, I believe I was already hired when I went to interview, just had to show face, was recruited from South Carolina, as I stated before I believe I was already hired

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (North Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

was pretty laid back not hard at all got a call and the interview was set up everyone was about their business and the questions were not hard to answer overall good experience

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Extended Stay America (Fairfax, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was not much of an interview, the manager already seemed to know about me from my resume that he had already seen and told me that he liked it. We just casually talked about our families for a bit and about how long I would be there since I am a student. He also went over what is expected of the position. It was pretty chill.