Exterran Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Exterran Interview Questions in Houston, TX

2.6

Communications Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Exterran (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Process took about three months - interviewed with current director, then with the HR VP, the incoming CEO (at my request) and 2 senior people from the Leadership team. Weeks would go by with no communication or feedback but they would come back apologizing for the delay and asking for more interviews. The comms function is extremely lean with no significant resources which forces the question of whether the mission is strategic enough to support the business challenges of creating a culture of loyalty and unity in the face of the formation / spinoff of the new international company. Was reassured that energy sector financial situation would simply delay the spinoff but did not seem to pose a major threat - even though spinoff has not yet taken place.

Interview Questions

• Director has to be able to help with change management and help leadership instill confidence and loyalty to the "new" company management and staff. So, questions had to do with style and approach - with emphasis on internal more than external comms including investor relations input.   1 Answer

Director of Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exterran (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

on-site interview. One-on-one. The person asked specific skill questions, I would have thought at my level they would have been behavior type question. The interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• general skills questions -
      how would your approach designing a plan to introduce the CEO to the employees?
      What would you do in this job first?
      Tell me about the time you implemented a robust communications program for your employer?
      How would your approach investor relations activities?
      1 Answer

Senior Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Exterran (Houston, TX).

Interview

Hiring Process- First call by recruiter to set time and learn about expectations and your experience, Second call by Supervisor (Technical + Details of Experience), Third Call by a panel of various supervisor (Mostly behavioral and bit on Technical + Details of Experience).

Interview Questions

• Projects worked on, Critical processes, bit about modules and various processes in a module like Drop Ship, ATO, etc. Third Interview- Accomplishment, Critical projects, Strength, weakness, career plans and assessment on how you fit in team and build team.   Answer Question

Entry Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exterran (Houston, TX).

Interview

First interview was a 20 min phone call, seemed to just want to make sure that what you said on your résumé was true. Second interview was a full day, interviewing with upper management in the manufacturing business including the VP of manufacturing and all the directors. Interviews were laid back but the questions were tough. Very behavioral based questions with a strong focus on the manufacturing environment.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is a common problem in a manufacturing company and how would you address it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation. Salary is a standard for all entry engineers

Entry Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exterran (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I interviewed for 45mins per session from 9am to 4:30pm , it was a rigorous interview. They interviewed me on Engineering basics, Quality control... I think may be because i had an experience of 3 years in fabrication and installation, The questions came more from my experience. Also a behavioral question came through as well.

Interview Questions

• What technical skill have you acquired and how did you apply it to solve a problem andoing what was the difficulties and outcomes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Oracle EBS Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Exterran (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview. Very courteous people. FIrst I had a face to face interview with the hiring manager and then a phone interview for a position that she suggested I'd fit better.

Interview Questions

• Real time scenario questions. Like what reports you'd run first in GL month end processing
      Different types of transaction types in Receivables.
      Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Exterran (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

The process was really informal. I was interviewed by two engineers, and one week later I had the confirmation of hiring. Then I as introduced to the rest of the team during the first day at the office.

Document Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Exterran (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I was referred to Exterran by a family member. However I had to go through a temp agency. I had to get registered with the temp agency where they redid my resume to fit the job. I had to do a drug test as well. They set up the interview. I went into the interview and they told me they would call me. I think I already had the job even without the interview, since my cousin knew the hiring manager but they still went through the motions. I liked working there, the money was really good. The temp agency got me a really great deal. I couldn't believe it. I was part time as well. I would work about six hours five days a week.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with SharePoint?   1 Answer

Human Resources Programs Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Exterran (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position online and a recruiter contacted me the same day for additional information. I scheduled a phone interview a week later. The phone interview was asking about my specific experience. I was invited for a face to face interview the following week. Face to face was with a panel. I was told that the top 2 candidates will be invited back for lunch with the VP. I was invited back 2 weeks later. The lunch was very casual and I felt good about the process and was expecting an offer but I did not receive one. The recruiter did not reach out to tell me that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• What questions would I ask my hiring manager on the 1st day of work?   Answer Question

Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Exterran (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

It was lengthy. There was dishonesty when I inquired about why the position was available. There had been 3 people before me that filled the position in the past 2 years. If I would have known that it would have weighed in on me accepting the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why was I looking to leave my current position?   1 Answer