Exterran Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Exterran Interview Questions

2.9

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Exterran in January 2016.

Interview

Everything went as planned. I met with three different people. All seemed to know what they were talking about. I was asked several good questions that made me feel that th8s was the type of job that i am looking for.

Senior Applications Analyst - ERP Team Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Exterran.

Interview

It was a little bit crazy.There are more than 2 or 3 people who will be asking questions to a single person.From the interview and the approach of the interviewers, i can clearly see how would be the working environment in the company.

Communications Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Exterran (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Process took about three months - interviewed with current director, then with the HR VP, the incoming CEO (at my request) and 2 senior people from the Leadership team. Weeks would go by with no communication or feedback but they would come back apologizing for the delay and asking for more interviews. The comms function is extremely lean with no significant resources which forces the question of whether the mission is strategic enough to support the business challenges of creating a culture of loyalty and unity in the face of the formation / spinoff of the new international company. Was reassured that energy sector financial situation would simply delay the spinoff but did not seem to pose a major threat - even though spinoff has not yet taken place.

Interview Questions

• Director has to be able to help with change management and help leadership instill confidence and loyalty to the "new" company management and staff. So, questions had to do with style and approach - with emphasis on internal more than external comms including investor relations input.   1 Answer

Sourcing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Exterran.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR business partner who setup my phone interview with the hiring manager. I thought the phone interview went well. However, I was informed by the hiring manager that they found a more qualified candidate.

Director of Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exterran (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

on-site interview. One-on-one. The person asked specific skill questions, I would have thought at my level they would have been behavior type question. The interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• general skills questions -
      how would your approach designing a plan to introduce the CEO to the employees?
      What would you do in this job first?
      Tell me about the time you implemented a robust communications program for your employer?
      How would your approach investor relations activities?
      1 Answer

Oracle EBS Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Exterran (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview. Very courteous people. FIrst I had a face to face interview with the hiring manager and then a phone interview for a position that she suggested I'd fit better.

Interview Questions

• Real time scenario questions. Like what reports you'd run first in GL month end processing
      Different types of transaction types in Receivables.
      Answer Question

HSE Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Exterran.

Interview

Multiple interviews with hiring department and HR and was told the company would be in touch regarding position (offer or no offer, etc.). No response either way was received. On multiple occasions interview scheduling was set based on the company’s availability with little regard to schedule of the person being interviewed.

Human Resources Programs Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Exterran (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position online and a recruiter contacted me the same day for additional information. I scheduled a phone interview a week later. The phone interview was asking about my specific experience. I was invited for a face to face interview the following week. Face to face was with a panel. I was told that the top 2 candidates will be invited back for lunch with the VP. I was invited back 2 weeks later. The lunch was very casual and I felt good about the process and was expecting an offer but I did not receive one. The recruiter did not reach out to tell me that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• What questions would I ask my hiring manager on the 1st day of work?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Exterran (Houston, TX).

Interview

First they came to our university to recruit. From there there they called 2 of the approx 10 to come to Houston. After we arrived we were informed that there were 10 of us there from different colleges and only 5 would get a job. The next day they held six 45 min interviews which were pretty straight forward with the exception of one. One they decided to grill you and ask very difficult questions plus complex questions with no right answer.

Interview Questions

• What is Freegasity, What is Gibbs free energy law consist of   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exterran (Norman, OK) in September 2012.

Interview

STAR questions. Interviewed on campus at career fair...it was very informal. Three interviewers and it lasted only 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected..common STAR questions. Your greatest achievement, leadership, teamwork ..   Answer Question