Exterran Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 31, 2017

2.6

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Biller Interview

Interview

Short and sweet. Interviewed with the OSC Manager and the Billing Manager. Both very nice and easy to deal with. The questions were pre-written and easy to answer. There was nothing out of the ordinary asked.

Director of Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Exterran (New York, NY).

Interview

It was very professional. But didn't describe the real challenge of the position. I was interviewed for several people of different level within the organization. Three vice presidents and several directors of different disciplines. Some of them didn't have experience interviewing people or maybe didn't know details of the specific role of the application.

Interview Questions

• About how I can deal with not having desired results   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Exterran in January 2016.

Interview

Everything went as planned. I met with three different people. All seemed to know what they were talking about. I was asked several good questions that made me feel that th8s was the type of job that i am looking for.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Exterran.

Interview

It was a little bit crazy.There are more than 2 or 3 people who will be asking questions to a single person.From the interview and the approach of the interviewers, i can clearly see how would be the working environment in the company.

Material Handler Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broken Arrow, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Exterran (Broken Arrow, OK).

Interview

I applied foe the position via email from an ad I had seen in the local newspaper. They needed a body and I needed a job, so things went pretty well. I corresponded with the HR person and she set up an interview with the warehouse manager.

Communications Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Exterran (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Process took about three months - interviewed with current director, then with the HR VP, the incoming CEO (at my request) and 2 senior people from the Leadership team. Weeks would go by with no communication or feedback but they would come back apologizing for the delay and asking for more interviews. The comms function is extremely lean with no significant resources which forces the question of whether the mission is strategic enough to support the business challenges of creating a culture of loyalty and unity in the face of the formation / spinoff of the new international company. Was reassured that energy sector financial situation would simply delay the spinoff but did not seem to pose a major threat - even though spinoff has not yet taken place.

Interview Questions

• Director has to be able to help with change management and help leadership instill confidence and loyalty to the "new" company management and staff. So, questions had to do with style and approach - with emphasis on internal more than external comms including investor relations input.   1 Answer

Sourcing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Exterran.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR business partner who setup my phone interview with the hiring manager. I thought the phone interview went well. However, I was informed by the hiring manager that they found a more qualified candidate.

Director of Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exterran (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

on-site interview. One-on-one. The person asked specific skill questions, I would have thought at my level they would have been behavior type question. The interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• general skills questions -
      how would your approach designing a plan to introduce the CEO to the employees?
      What would you do in this job first?
      Tell me about the time you implemented a robust communications program for your employer?
      How would your approach investor relations activities?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Exterran.

Interview

A phone call followed by a group interview. Literally questions were straight forward and asked about your experience and education and some behavioral questions.Be prepared for the position you have applied for and your experience aligned to the Job description. you will ease the interview.

Interview Questions

• General questions about your resume   1 Answer

Senior Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Exterran (Houston, TX).

Interview

Hiring Process- First call by recruiter to set time and learn about expectations and your experience, Second call by Supervisor (Technical + Details of Experience), Third Call by a panel of various supervisor (Mostly behavioral and bit on Technical + Details of Experience).

Interview Questions

• Projects worked on, Critical processes, bit about modules and various processes in a module like Drop Ship, ATO, etc. Third Interview- Accomplishment, Critical projects, Strength, weakness, career plans and assessment on how you fit in team and build team.   Answer Question