Extra Space Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Extra Space Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe, NM

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Extra Space (Santa Fe, NM) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview went very well, and I was asked relevant/expected/typical questions by prepared and pleasant managers. However, the manager of that facility was oddly not included. I was told I would hear back in a few days, which turned into weeks of not being able to speak with either of them despite being given both of their numbers. Eventually received a form email after contacting corporate HR. I was more than qualified, and while you don't get an offer after every great interview, I suspect they may have had someone already lined up, and were going through the motions to avoid related issues.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about making collection calls on delinquent accounts?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Extra Space

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Extra Space (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Had two different interviews. Met with two District Training Leaders and then with a District Manager. I was asked many questions about my previous jobs. Asked about different situations and how I handled them. Also brought up different scenarios and how I would respond to them.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the worst things that happened to you working.   2 Answers

Negotiation

The negotiation is done by email so it makes it simple for you to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Extra Space (Centennial, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Maybe I'm a little bitter. I had expected this process to go a little better than anticipated. I wasn't really looking for a job, but a recruiter reached out to me and really talked up my resume- and asked me to apply. Less than two days later a DTL reached out to me for a phone interview. Phone interview went well- he also talked about how impressed he was with my experience. The questions were fairly generic- which I expected for a phone interview. After it was done, he scheduled me an in-person interview for the next day. He was really nice, I thought we had a good rapport. The questions for the in person were the exact same as the phone interview. I had to come up with different answers because I didn't want to seem like a one-trick pony. He went really in depth to the culture of the company and what made the inner workings tick. He went a lot into his own journey within the company. Went out of his way to explain that the hiring process was lengthy and reassured me that I could give two weeks notice to my job and overall left me with the impression it was going well. He really sold it to me- I left the office feeling pretty confident but by the time I got home (less than 20 minutes) I had an automated rejection email. It seems like a great company to work for, but I would have rather had the thanks but no thanks before I left the interview rather than the passive aggressive email RIGHT after I left.

Interview Questions

• What is a time that you had gone above and beyond in customer service?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite part about your current job. Least favorite?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you had a difficult customer or manager.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Extra Space in November 2016.

Interview

A three week process involving three different interviews. The first two with two people and the final with the district manager. The process involved me traveling an hour for two of the interviews.

After the third interview I received an e-mail, an E-MAIL telling me that they decided to go with another candidate.

A little crazy for a glorified janitors job that averages $14. At least have the decency to call me and tell me I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Extra Space (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I got a call for an interview a week later. The first interview was on Wed with a manager and the 2nd interview was with a District Manager that Thurs

Anonymous Employee in Capitol Heights, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Extra Space (Capitol Heights, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

I was greeted nicely as I entered the facility. It was an intermediate interview and felt for the most part like a conversation. Interviewer was very good and she took note of everything that I said and did during the process. Overall a fairly good interview process

Interview Questions

• Sell Her a storage unit   1 Answer
    • Describe how an instance when you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer
    • What is good customer service?   1 Answer
    • How do I feel working at my other job.
      What are the duties
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I would say be confident during the interview and know your worth. Remember it is not just an interview for you, it's an interview for them. Ask questions and be very engaged. I was very engaged and asked about the culture of their company, opportunities for growth so on and so forth.

Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Extra Space (Whittier, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

They talk to you about what's expected. Make sure to dress professionally or its an immediate disqualification. They like people with sales and property management backgrounds. Number 1 question is - what does integrity mean to you? - simple, what you do when no one is looking

Interview Questions

• Integrity, what does it mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Extra Space (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online received a phone call about a month later. Had a phone interview, invited for a face to face interview asked to bring hard copy of resume; interviewed by a panel of 3; tell us about yourself, what is your greatest accomplishment to date)customer service and managerial based questions.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions are customer service based and "how would you handle" various scenarios...what do you know about the company.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Extra Space (Peoria, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

Very casual. There were no games. Reply to my online application via phone. An in person interview was then scheduled with a team lead were there was the standard interview, then we walked the property and talked about sales experiences. I then was scheduled to meet the District manager, who got to know me a little and asked some questions about me and then went over the process.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who has just found out they have received a rate increase.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Extra Space (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I did a preliminary phone interview after which an in person interview was scheduled.
    Before the in-person interview, i was asked to do a Predictive Index Behavioural Assessment. In this assessment, illegal questions such as "What is your current age?" and "Please indicate the country to which you feel most strongly connected by citizenship, residence or acculteration."

Interview Questions

• First interview question: Do you have any kids?   1 Answer