Extra Space Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Extra Space Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Extra Space (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Had two different interviews. Met with two District Training Leaders and then with a District Manager. I was asked many questions about my previous jobs. Asked about different situations and how I handled them. Also brought up different scenarios and how I would respond to them.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the worst things that happened to you working.   2 Answers

Negotiation

The negotiation is done by email so it makes it simple for you to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Extra Space (Centennial, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Maybe I'm a little bitter. I had expected this process to go a little better than anticipated. I wasn't really looking for a job, but a recruiter reached out to me and really talked up my resume- and asked me to apply. Less than two days later a DTL reached out to me for a phone interview. Phone interview went well- he also talked about how impressed he was with my experience. The questions were fairly generic- which I expected for a phone interview. After it was done, he scheduled me an in-person interview for the next day. He was really nice, I thought we had a good rapport. The questions for the in person were the exact same as the phone interview. I had to come up with different answers because I didn't want to seem like a one-trick pony. He went really in depth to the culture of the company and what made the inner workings tick. He went a lot into his own journey within the company. Went out of his way to explain that the hiring process was lengthy and reassured me that I could give two weeks notice to my job and overall left me with the impression it was going well. He really sold it to me- I left the office feeling pretty confident but by the time I got home (less than 20 minutes) I had an automated rejection email. It seems like a great company to work for, but I would have rather had the thanks but no thanks before I left the interview rather than the passive aggressive email RIGHT after I left.

Interview Questions

• What is a time that you had gone above and beyond in customer service?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite part about your current job. Least favorite?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you had a difficult customer or manager.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Extra Space in November 2016.

Interview

A three week process involving three different interviews. The first two with two people and the final with the district manager. The process involved me traveling an hour for two of the interviews.

After the third interview I received an e-mail, an E-MAIL telling me that they decided to go with another candidate.

A little crazy for a glorified janitors job that averages $14. At least have the decency to call me and tell me I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Extra Space (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I got a call for an interview a week later. The first interview was on Wed with a manager and the 2nd interview was with a District Manager that Thurs

Anonymous Employee in Capitol Heights, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Extra Space (Capitol Heights, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

I was greeted nicely as I entered the facility. It was an intermediate interview and felt for the most part like a conversation. Interviewer was very good and she took note of everything that I said and did during the process. Overall a fairly good interview process

Interview Questions

• Sell Her a storage unit   1 Answer
    • Describe how an instance when you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer
    • What is good customer service?   1 Answer
    • How do I feel working at my other job.
      What are the duties
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I would say be confident during the interview and know your worth. Remember it is not just an interview for you, it's an interview for them. Ask questions and be very engaged. I was very engaged and asked about the culture of their company, opportunities for growth so on and so forth.

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Extra Space (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

(Several Interviews ) First I had an initial meeting or interview with the hiring manager. Second step was interviewing with the Director of Talent aqcuisitions where i had a chance to meet the recruiting team. Last step was meeting with the VP of Human Resources. All three were very comfortable and pleasant experiences.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Extra Space (Whittier, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

They talk to you about what's expected. Make sure to dress professionally or its an immediate disqualification. They like people with sales and property management backgrounds. Number 1 question is - what does integrity mean to you? - simple, what you do when no one is looking

Interview Questions

• Integrity, what does it mean to you?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Extra Space.

Interview

Phone interview which took about ten minutes. Went on to the first interview with a District Team Lead. Got a call to interview with the District Manager. The whole process took maybe 2 weeks and I got the job offer on the spot.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Extra Space (Roswell, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

First, Telephone interview. Second, in person interview with Trainer, and right before leaving I interviewed with District Mgr. We went over lots of material and went over job description to ensure we all were on the same page as to my duties. From there i was extended a offer and was told they'll be in touch. I received a email offer with followed emails of instructions of my next step as far as background and drug testing to complete within a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handled a irate customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/a

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Extra Space (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online received a phone call about a month later. Had a phone interview, invited for a face to face interview asked to bring hard copy of resume; interviewed by a panel of 3; tell us about yourself, what is your greatest accomplishment to date)customer service and managerial based questions.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions are customer service based and "how would you handle" various scenarios...what do you know about the company.   1 Answer
Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Extra Space Assistant Manager Interview Albuquerque, NM What was one of the worst things that happened to you working.
Extra Space Assistant Manager Interview Centennial, CO What is a time that you had gone above and beyond in customer service?
Extra Space Assistant Manager Interview Centennial, CO What is your favorite part about your current job. Least favorite?
Extra Space Assistant Manager Interview Centennial, CO Explain a time where you had a difficult customer or manager.
Extra Space Assistant Manager Interview Why the career change?
Extra Space Assistant Manager Interview Los Angeles, CA What would you do if there was a broken window?
Extra Space Assistant Manager Interview Capitol Heights, MD Sell Her a storage unit
Extra Space Assistant Manager Interview Capitol Heights, MD Describe how an instance when you went above and beyond for a customer.
Extra Space Assistant Manager Interview Capitol Heights, MD What is good customer service?
Extra Space Assistant Manager Interview Capitol Heights, MD How do I feel working at my other job. What are the duties
Extra Space Sourcing Specialist Interview Salt Lake City, UT Why would you be the best candidate for this position?
Extra Space Assistant Manager Interview Whittier, CA Integrity, what does it mean to you?
Extra Space Assistant Site Manager Interview Sell me this pen
Extra Space Store Manager Interview Roswell, GA Tell me how you handled a irate customer?
Extra Space Assistant Manager Interview Washington, DC The interview questions are customer service based and "how would you handle" various scenarios...what do you know about the company.