Extra Space Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Extra Space Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Extra Space (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview came first with Store Manager. Very polite and quick. Set up face to face interview for following day. I arrived 15 minutes early to be greeted by the same Store Manger I was previously interviewed on the phone by. I then met with the District Manager who was very laid back and straight to the point. It was great energy from both the District Manager and Store Manager. Never felt any stress or pressure because it was a small office and very personal.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had a difficult customer and what did you do to fix the problem?   Answer Question
    • 3 things your last Manager or boss would say you need to work on, 3 things you are great at   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to adapt on the fly and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Extra Space (Detroit, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on line. Phone screen with district trainer and then an in person with district manager at the store location. Walked the property with store manager. Was told by district manager that I would hear one way or another the following week but they have been silent since then.

Interview Questions

• Since you are over-qualified, what interests you in this position?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Extra Space.

Interview

Team leads do phone screen then youll meet with district manager who will ask questions. Didnt really mention that position requires working more than 1 location. Found that out later the hard way.

Interview Questions

• How to you feel about doing multiple jobs during the day including cleaning ?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Extra Space.

Interview

Was given a phone call, the team lead screened me. Asked me basic questions. After that I was offered an in-person interview that lasted up to 45 minutes. Confidence & a great attitude is all you need.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Extra Space.

Interview

Upon arriving, I waited about 30 minutes to be seen. Interview was going well until interviewer, Fred Casiano, kept adamantly repeating they hire based off of ability to "fit in" within a demographic. Being a young, black woman; I don't know if this was custom or a way to tell me "we like you, just not for here". Regardless of "how much I like you" or "experience". Nonetheless, I'm sure those aren't normal practices during an interview, especially after expressing how much you like the candidate. With that being said, don't expect to be placed in areas where the people don't look like you. Safe to say I didn't receive an offer, not even a generic "thanks for applying but..." email. Guess Fred did that himself. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Also, "Assistant Manager" position is entry level. Wage is between $14-$17/hour. Starting, for MOST at $15.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?   Answer Question
    • Describe your most difficult customer situation. How did you handle it? What would you do differently?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Extra Space.

Interview

Phone interview with corporate and then a face to face interview with the Regional Vice President. It was a bonus that the VP came to the area in which I was applying for and I did not have to travel to the corporate office like a lot of organizations make you do. Both went well and I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. I felt that the interview was more of a conversation which was great. In this kind of setting was able to really get a feel for whether or not we would mesh well working together.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

I received a call from the hiring manager in Orlando based on my application on LinkedIn. Conversation went well and I was told I would be contacted next week to set up an interview. 20 minutes later I received an email asking me to follow a link to continue the interview process. 1 minute after that I received an email telling me that they were pursuing someone else. The phone call was also abruptly ended and I was given no chance to ask any questions about the company or position.

Training Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Extra Space.

Interview

Very professional and engaging interview. Wanted to understand my background and how it would relate to the position. Very good overall experience, although I did not hear back from the hiring manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Extra Space (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with one of the managers. Then I was send an online assessment via email. Then came in for an interview with the district manager.

Anonymous Employee in Dacula, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Extra Space (Dacula, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was called/emailed by the district team lead to set up a phone interview, about a month after I applied online. After a brief phone interview with the team lead, another district team lead called to ask me a few more questions. About a half hour later, I was reached again to set up an in person interview the following morning. The interview consisted of 2 district team leads and the regional manager. Some of the questions they asked were rehearsed, but they also took the time to get to know me and asked candid questions as well. Two days later I received a call with a job offer and then, after my background check/drug test came back a few days later was contacted once again to set up an actual start date.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you didn't get along with.   Answer Question
    • What do you think a typical day will be like in this position?   Answer Question
    • How do you think your previous experience in a big box retailer is going to differ from this position?   Answer Question
    • What is your ideal work setting?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in storage?   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time you had to tell a customer 'no'.   Answer Question
    • Are there any questions you have for us?   1 Answer