Extra Space Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Extra Space Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2018

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Extra Space (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

Quick and Easy. One on One Interview . Met with District Mgr who told me about the company. Learned about there training process . Also learned that they really like to promote from within .

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Extra Space in August 2015.

Interview

Met with District Manager, Dist. mgr. in training and a company training individual. We walked the property and interviewed while walking. The District Manger picked up trash as we walked so if you really want to impress them pick something up before they do because this is the job. I was dressed in interview slacks and tie but still can get my hands dirty. The next person interviewing came in unshaven, in khakis, and a button down shirt. Not sure what look goes over better with them but I would assume always go in dressed to impress.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you? Tell me what do you think about customer service and how important is it to you? How did you handle a hard customer? Also, they will stress that the job is 60% manual work I.e. Cleaning units, parking lot, maintenance etc.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Extra Space in August 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Store Manager while we walked the building. Standard interview questions. This interview lasted for about 30 minutes. I was then interviewed by the District Manager in an office for another 30 minutes, and asked mostly the same questions. I was told benefits don't kick in for 90 days and there is a one year wait to contribute to a 401(K).

Interview Questions

• What is customer service? Describe a time when you had to resolve a difficult situation? What is one word you would use to describe yourself? What is work culture?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lehigh Acres, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Extra Space (Lehigh Acres, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied via Indeed quick-apply. I received a phone call form the District Trainer a few days later explaining a little bit about the position. We scheduled an interview for the following Monday. I had a second interview with the District Manager at a second location on Wednesday and was offered a conditional offer of employment that Friday. Took about a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered more than I asked for, however during the interview I was told that the location would dictate my starting g salary.

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Extra Space (San Bernardino, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

I was hired some time ago so it may be different now. I interview at a local store and met with the DM and one of his trainers. The DM looked over my resume and we discussed my job history. I talked about how I could incorporate those skills to the position. I grabbed merchandise from the sales wall and demonstrated how I would sell it on the site. The company usually wants people with customer service, management, and some sales experience. Maintenance experience is very valuable. The DM takes you on a tour of the property and explains what the job entails including cleaning the units and caring for the property.

Interview Questions

• Are you afraid of getting screamed at by customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Extra Space (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

phone interview,in person interview then decision the website for applying walks you through the whole process and is very simple to use.i cant even even explain what a great company this is.

Anonymous Employee in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Extra Space (Palm Bay, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online and submitted a resume Had interview with District team leader and final interview with District manager Process took a few weeks and I had to do a background check and drug screening Questions were customer service oriented

Interview Questions

• When and how were you able to turn a negative situation around?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Extra Space (Richmond, VA).

Interview

had to do 2 behavior assessment test and the person doing the interview was not very engaging only when he was doing the assessment test. But was told that they only hire people that he would get along with from the PI test.

Anonymous Employee in La Quinta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Extra Space (La Quinta, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

It took a while but it was definitely worth it. Extremely satisfied with the management team that hired me. I initially had a phone interview with the property manager, once I passed that he offered me a in person interview at the store location where he went into a more in depth explanation of what the position offered. From there I interviewed with the District Manager who gave me a wider scope explanation and prepared me for the following steps, were I offered a position with the company. Once I was chosen I was offered a position followed by a background check and drug screen test which I passed with flying colors. During the Interview process I was asked a generic set of questions with a few "curve balls" but other than that I was able to proceed confidently.

Interview Questions

• What does Work Culture mean to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was in a position where I could not negotiate compensation - because of that I took the first offer I was given I do not regret this decision because I am still being compensated more than my last job.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Extra Space (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and not very formal. It was nice only having one person to do the interview instead of a panel! The company is great to work for, I enjoy coming to work!

Interview Questions

• How do you like working in this industry?   1 Answer