Extra Space Interview Questions in Salt Lake City, UT | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.9

BI Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Extra Space (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2016.

Interview

They initially did one phone interview. Then that followed by one onsite and technical interview. The interviews were related to DWH concepts and SQL. I think I did well. But somehow somebody else got the offer.

It was a nice experience overall. The questions were very interesting and I enjoyed answering those well. I definitely recommend this for anyone looking for BI jobs.

Property Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Extra Space (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2015.

Interview

Was hired through temp agency so the interview process to go FT was short and very informal. Manger was newly hired and was looking to fill the team they would have. I had been a temp for 4 months and was not sure if I would stay or asked to leave.

Senior Property Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Extra Space (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with several directors and managers. Was not sure exactly what they were looking for to be promoted. Seems like the last few promotion were individuals that were directly out of school and didn't have any real experience with the company which causes lots of problems. This made it more difficult to know exactly how to answer questions

Interview Questions

• How do you handle working with someone that is a friend and being their supervisor?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Extra Space (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2014.

Interview

I found the job posting on indeed.com. The hiring process was pretty straight forward and quick. At first I got an email detailing the skills and personality test I would need to take. About a week and a half after that, I got a call where they said they wanted to interview me. I interviewed with my eventual direct supervisor first - Typical questions such as: How does your experience relate to this job? What do you like to do outside of work? etc. Then, about a week later, I was called in for a second interview with my boss's boss. These were more broad questions related to the vision of the company, he allowed me to ask as many questions as I wanted and was very honest in his answers. Overall a great experience. The whole process took about 5 weeks from first application to first day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I'm sure I would have been able to negotiate, but I took the first offer because I truly thought it was fair. The offer wasn't presented as a hard line mandate or anything like that, i'm sure they would have been open if I had been more highly qualified.

Property Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Extra Space (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2013.

Interview

First there was a phone interview. The next interview was with two accounting managers and there was a skills test. I then had an online personality test and another interview with another accounting manager.

Interview Questions

• Give your elevator pitch on why you are the best person for the position.   Answer Question

Assistant Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Extra Space (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume through a friend. I was called by a member of the HR department and given a phone interview. I then was emailed links to 2 logic tests. About a week later I had an interview with the Corporate Controller and one of the other assistant controllers. The interview was pretty bland, there weren't any real difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were straight-forward and what you would expect.   Answer Question

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Extra Space (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2011.

Interview

Had several interviews that went very well and then absolutely no communication afterwards. They wouldn't return my calls or emails. Very poor communication.

Interview Questions

• Can you show me your excel skills right now?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Extra Space (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2011.

Interview

The hiring process is often long. You have to interview with several individuals and take assessments

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you disagreed with the direction you were given by a supervisor or boss and how you handled that situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Extra Space (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2010.

Interview

I had 3 sets of interviews with 5 different people. I know in many cases they do phone interviews and panel interviews as well, and technical interviews for most programming positions. The interview process is not threatening or unusually difficult. They are looking for a personality/culture fit as much as the right skillset.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I was given an offer near the top of the posted range. But I feel like I could have if I needed to.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Extra Space (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2009.

Interview

I interviewed with five people over the course of 2 hours. It felt like it was primarily for fit. I thought it was actually pretty pleasant, especially after having come off of a more test driven interview process. I met with 3 managers in the IT dept., 1 from marketing and 1 executive (VP Accounting).

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you react in high pressure situations.   Answer Question