ExxonMobil Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 1, 2017

3.2

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was hired by Mobil Pipe Line Company in 1970. Interviewed with Division Manager and HR. The hiring process was much more simple at that time. I was recommended by an employee and this was an important factor for getting hired during the 70's.

Interview Questions

• The interview consisted of questions regarding my work experience and providing information about myself. Too long ago to remember specific questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate at that time, was excited to get a job with great company.

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in October 2009.

Interview

Basic behavioral interview . on campus

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Panel Interview with 3 interviewers.
    They are all very friendly and patient enough to explain the questions and job scope.
    A very structured company and follow their policies.
    The interview took around one hour

Interview Questions

• Biggest Achievements, Personal Insight of working as a part-timer   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Prague (Czech Republic)) in April 2017.

Interview

It went pretty quickly. After the phone interview which was round one I was invited the next day for a face-to-face interview. :) The interview was very ok , I was asked general questions and had to give some life-examples :) People interviewing me were very nice and professional. I never felt like they were looking down on me or antyhing. :)

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process was routine - staff was very friendly and helpful.

There were 3 interviewers, and I could feel that one of them asked most of the questions, while another asked follow up questions, and the other was just observing my facial reactions and body languages.

Interview Questions

• Tell us more about yourself? And then the follow up questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Budapest (Hungary)) in May 2016.

Interview

I had two rounds of behavior based interviews, on the same they both, 1.5-2 hours long each. There was no hr person present at the interview, but 2-2 long-serving supervisors from different departments. Was a nice experience all together, they try to ensure that you feel as comfortable as possible during the interview - no stress interview:). You have to give very detailed description of your behavior, reaction or thoughts in certain situations that happened to you in the past.

Interview Questions

• What was the most complex problem you recently have been asked to solve?   Answer Question
    • Say an examle of a recent problem you uncovered in your job - how did you identify this problem?   Answer Question
    • Tell about a job/task, where you had to analyse/interpret numerical/financial information. What methods you use to control errors in your work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, to be honest, I was ok with there offer.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Very well organized from the start to the finish. interviewed on campus. site visit arranged. stayed at hotel night before and had dinner with one of the people on the team. next morning had breakfast with another person on the team. had 4 interviews in the morning, lunch with another person on the team, then three more interviews.

Interview Questions

• I can't really remember anything difficult question or unexpected one. I did need to repeat myself several times as some of the same questions were asked in the 7 different interviews. I never talked so much before and was thirsty.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

Couple of rounds of face 2 face interview
     Mostly around past work and why do you meant to join exxon it was a panel of people so it can get confusing answering to all of them.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lagos (Nigeria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Lagos (Nigeria)) in April 2013.

Interview

There recruitment process started with an only news advert in the dailies. The process included two written tests and a panel interview. The first written test was a general skill test and the second written test was It based. The panel interview had a selection of five panalists.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in April 2011.

Interview

A friend was working in the company, and he referred me to apply. Everything else is straightforward: One round with HR and user. Nothing particularly difficult with either one, just reviewing your CV. English will probably be a factor because expatriates & nationals working environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation. I wasn't hijacked from another oil major.