ExxonMobil Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was hired by Mobil Pipe Line Company in 1970. Interviewed with Division Manager and HR. The hiring process was much more simple at that time. I was recommended by an employee and this was an important factor for getting hired during the 70's.

Interview Questions

• The interview consisted of questions regarding my work experience and providing information about myself. Too long ago to remember specific questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate at that time, was excited to get a job with great company.

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in October 2009.

Interview

Basic behavioral interview . on campus

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process was routine - staff was very friendly and helpful.

There were 3 interviewers, and I could feel that one of them asked most of the questions, while another asked follow up questions, and the other was just observing my facial reactions and body languages.

Interview Questions

• Tell us more about yourself? And then the follow up questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Budapest (Hungary)) in May 2016.

Interview

I had two rounds of behavior based interviews, on the same they both, 1.5-2 hours long each. There was no hr person present at the interview, but 2-2 long-serving supervisors from different departments. Was a nice experience all together, they try to ensure that you feel as comfortable as possible during the interview - no stress interview:). You have to give very detailed description of your behavior, reaction or thoughts in certain situations that happened to you in the past.

Interview Questions

• What was the most complex problem you recently have been asked to solve?   Answer Question
    • Say an examle of a recent problem you uncovered in your job - how did you identify this problem?   Answer Question
    • Tell about a job/task, where you had to analyse/interpret numerical/financial information. What methods you use to control errors in your work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, to be honest, I was ok with there offer.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Very well organized from the start to the finish. interviewed on campus. site visit arranged. stayed at hotel night before and had dinner with one of the people on the team. next morning had breakfast with another person on the team. had 4 interviews in the morning, lunch with another person on the team, then three more interviews.

Interview Questions

• I can't really remember anything difficult question or unexpected one. I did need to repeat myself several times as some of the same questions were asked in the 7 different interviews. I never talked so much before and was thirsty.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lagos (Nigeria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Lagos (Nigeria)) in April 2013.

Interview

There recruitment process started with an only news advert in the dailies. The process included two written tests and a panel interview. The first written test was a general skill test and the second written test was It based. The panel interview had a selection of five panalists.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in April 2011.

Interview

A friend was working in the company, and he referred me to apply. Everything else is straightforward: One round with HR and user. Nothing particularly difficult with either one, just reviewing your CV. English will probably be a factor because expatriates & nationals working environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation. I wasn't hijacked from another oil major.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2010.

Interview

Overall, the interview was not very difficult. It consisted of a phone interview and then later, an in-office visit with 5 different interviews. The interviews with the managers were more difficult, but all of the interviews were behavioral (not technical) and everyone was extremely friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to resolve conflict within your team.   Answer Question
    • What has been your most significant accomplishment to date?   Answer Question

Better offer elsewhere.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in August 2010.

Interview

The interview was great. I felt very comfortable with the interviews and employees that I interacted with. I was very excited about the opportunity to work for Exxon. The interview wasn't too difficult because of how open the interviewers were. There were behavioral and technical questions involved.

Interview Questions

• Conflict Resolution: describe a time when you and another person on your team didnt agree or had a conflict. Explain how you dealt with that situation.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2009.

Interview

Everything was well organized and appropriate questions were asked.