ExxonMobil Interview Questions in Baton Rouge, LA | Glassdoor

3.5

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was about 2 hours long. I was interviewed by 2 sets of people. The first set of people asked questions of how certain situations would be handled. The second group of people was more relaxed asking questions of would you be able to lift a certain amount, would you wear steel toed boots, etc

Interview Questions

• There were a plethora of questions that were asked of how would you handle certain situations and how have you handled certain situations in the past with your employers   Answer Question

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

The interview was conducted at the Radison Hotel in Baton Rouge. It was composed of two interviews in two different rooms. In the first room, the interviewers were human resource people, and Process Operations representatives. In the second room, the interviewers were technical type people such as engineers. The questions we all tell me questions about what have you done, or what did you do type of questions.

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

Applied through campus interview and attended information session before hand. Person interviewing me first asked me what my favorite class was and why and then least favorite and why. He then went straight to the behavioral questions. He said if I didn't have a great example he could skip to different question because he had a whole list of questions that were similar. I asked questions for about 15 minutes and then that was it. Haven't heard back from them so far.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were working on team and had to solve a problem?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you didn't have resources to complete something and what you did?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA) in October 2015.

Interview

University Recruiting: attended university career showcase, one-on-one interview for 1 hour, contacted by site to set up site visit and next round of interviews
    Site Visit: arrived evening prior to interviews to have dinner with host and other engineers, day of interviews consisted of three 45-minute interviews (mixture of behavioral and technical questions) and a 30-minute session with HR to discuss benefits.
    Note: My interview process was sped up due to an impending deadline for an offer from another company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were in a group, and a group member was getting off-track.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a technical decision in a short deadline.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university's career services then heard back that I received an offer. Only one person interviewd me and she was furiously writing the entire time which made it difficult to create a connection. MANY behavioral questions. It got to a point where it seemed like I was being asked the same question over and over so have a lot of examples ready in the back of your mind!

Interview Questions

• leadership, group work, etc. typical stuff just a large volume   Answer Question

Assistant Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA) in March 2015.

Interview

Apprenticeship program. Applied online sometime late 2014 and scheduled a testing date. Took the test in January or early February with at least 100-200 people and a couple weeks after received an email to set up interview date.
    Interview was 2 parts, each with 2 interviewers in the room. Diverse group of interviewers. There were many interviews going on, & it made me feel like I was auditioning for a tv show or something. The interviewers were kind and surprisingly down to earth, I was very nervous but they made me reasonably comfortable.
    The first part was mainly "about me" questions: job history, education, and how have I've handled situations in the past. Second part was situational questions with many different scenarios. "How would you handle..." etc type questions.

The entire process has been the longest I have waited to start a new job, but well worth it. Still waiting to start at the end of July. Very thankful!

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite thing about school? What is your least favorite thing?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2014.

Interview

Casual, a bit awkward, but an overall good experience. a long process, and testing required. upper management has room for improvement for sure. The ExxonMobil supervisor I interviewed with was incredibly awkward and even told me, she was not a "people person" and didn't think much of conversation. I was like, "huh?" who says that, espically the SUPERVISOR interviewing someone?

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

If you interview at campus you get offer to visit and get hosted by relatively new employee. Then you sen he day doing 3-4 interviews. These will typically be by one second line supervisor, a senior technical, department head, and finally business manager. If you do great you can get a spot offer.

Interview Questions

• During these site visits the managers get to ask whatever they want. Some keep it to conversation and some may choose to do a situational interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As a new hire not sure how much negotiation one will really do.

PhD Engineering Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

Only one interview was there, with their HR. They didnt ask any technical questions at all. It went smoothly, and at the end they were very positive about hiring me.

Interview Questions

• Prove that you are a team player, and at the same time can solve problems on my own.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA) in November 2013.

Interview

On campus interview, flown to site for a day of interviews, all expenses paid. People asked reasonable questions, not necessarily trying to stump you just trying to understand how you think and test your accomplishments.