ExxonMobil Interview Questions in Baytown, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017

3.3

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baytown, TX).

Interview

Straight forward, pretty easy and laid back. People were really nice and put you at ease. Met with multiple people in separate rooms one after the other. Once done you wait for a call from someone in Hr and an email offering you a position.

Interview Questions

• They asked me things about how I would handle different situations .   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baytown, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Overall, it was nice experience. Rather positive. People were friendly and easy to communicate. First, talked to panel. Then had individual talk with team members. Unfortunately, I did not get an offer.

Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baytown, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Went for a 2 hour interview, interviewed with 2 supervisors first hour and then another 2 supervisors the second hour. Got a call on a Thursday 9am with the job offer!!

Interview Questions

• Are you afraid of heights, and will you be ok with having to walk up and down stairs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baytown, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was behavioral. They asked a series of questions regarding past experience and performance. I had a three panel interview everyone was very nice and professional. I was asked to come back for a second interview with hiring managers and went through the same behavioral type interview. Again, everyone was very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to skip a step in a process. What did you do and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baytown, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

No questions were asked. I was expected to do all the questioning. It was more like me interviewing the recruiters. The tech lead didn't show any kind of interest and left within the first 2 minutes.

I want to remind big companies that employees should also be impressed (its a two way road) this, if the want production to be efficient.

Instrument Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baytown, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Took the Operations and Mechanical test. Passed. Got called in for first round of interviews. You do a scenario and background interview. During the scenario one they ask a lot of what ifs. This should be common sense if you've worked in an industrial environment. They just sit there and read questions out of a book. The background interview is where they go over education and work history. It's a little more personal, but still scripted. You get called back for a final interview. This one is with the 1st and 2nd line supervisors. This is the make or break. Basically you just sit in an office and talk with them. They are still reading from a packet, but they do ask questions off the cuff. If you get the job, you get a call back. If you don't, they mail you a letter. After you get the call back, you go in for your physical. Pretty standard stuff there.

Interview Questions

• You see two guys replacing a car window in the parking lot after work. They are breaking it with a hammer. What do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The starting salary is set.

Pricing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baytown, TX).

Interview

the process is stringent and laborious. I don't think there have to be 4 separate interviews to identify if a candidate is worthy of a job offer. Clearly the need for minorities is represented in the hiring practices.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baytown, TX).

Interview

The process is quite intense. You are sent a testing link prior to interviewing. If you do not pass the initial test, you do not go any further in the process. The first interview is with Human Resources and a representative with the department for which you applied. If granted a second interview you will interview with your potential direct supervisor.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was about accountability. If you make a mistake are you accountable enough to recognize the mistake and correct the mistake.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was pleased with the initial offer. No negotiations needed.

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baytown, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

They were great to work with throughout the whole process. Initially talked at my schools career fair, then had a 1:1 interview the next day. Was given a phone interview from the specific location I was interested in a couple of days later. Flown down for the final site interview the following week and given the offer on the spot during the 3rd and final interview of that day. Note - process was expedited as I had other offers that I was considering.

Interview Questions

• I had previously worked on a very small project in an SRU unit, but had limited exposure to the actual SRU process. I was asked to draw the entire unit on a marker board and explain how it worked.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was blown away by how high the offer was and didn't feel I needed to negotiate.

Cost Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baytown, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

On Campus Interview
    Phone Interview
    On Site Interview (4 interview)

On campus interviews are relatively easy to get if you have solid resume. (high GPA, work experience etc.) It seems that all the interviews are processed into a large pool, which are accessible by managers of the site. Once the manager sees profile and like it, they will call you. All the interviews are very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• On campus interview (expected behavioral questions)
      Phone interview and on-site (conversational laid back)
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate