ExxonMobil Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Spring, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Junior (peer) interviewer greeted me in the lobby. Hiring manager arrived fifteen minutes late. But both interviewers were aloof and distracted, and they spoke to each other (kidding around, essentially) in front of me, making me feel uncomfortable.

When the first interviewer asked where I'd parked, (in the garage indicated in the pre-interview email they'd sent) she continued, "Oh that's right, I got a notification when you entered the campus and I could see how long it took you to reach the garage." Why she shared this with me I don't know.

A good portion of the interview questions were closed-ended (so you would really want to drive all the way up here [12 miles] to work?) or worded so specifically that they were hard to relate to my experience.

Interview Questions

• [Interviewer's exact words] Describe a time when a direct customer was very angry, and how you solved their problem, resulting in a happy customer.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX).

Interview

Basic situational interview questions. Nothing tricky. It was almost completely behavioral based. It was more of a review of the resume and experience. Ultimately, it was designed to determine fit with ExxonMobil culture. Surprisingly non-intimidating, and one of the more pleasant interviewing experiences.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

There were 2 interviewers, both from the Chem Business Unit. You do a self introduction, and they will ask you to describe time u faced great difficulty, and how you overcame it. Nothing much, but difficult to stand out

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult problem you faced and how u dealt with it   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in HarbourFront (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (HarbourFront (Singapore)) in October 2016.

Interview

0. Applied for the career talk online in July. Got an invitation in August. HR always inform later than they first said they would be, so dont panic if you dont receive a response as they first promised.
    1. Invited to the career talk. Candidates were separated into two groups according to what they applied for, aka commercial/technical role. Spent as long as I could there to talk to people. If you applied for commercial, stick to commercial managers as they might just be your interviewer or future boss.
    2. Invited to first round interview at hbf. Three team supervisors were at the interview. Questions were situational and behavioral. Met one of the managers I talked to from the career talk in this round.
    3. Invited to second round at hbf. Three department heads were at the interview. Questions were one a higher scale, economy, markets, personal development goals. Internship and cca project related questions were more in depth. Met another one of the managers I talked to.
    4. Got offered by Thai HR through a phone call.

Interview Questions

• 1.1. Experience working in team/difficulties encountered.
      1.2. Working with different culture.
      1.3. From a technical background, why commercial.

2.1.What do you see yourself/APAC market/China Market in 5-10 years.
      2.2 Project-related questions.
      1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in June 2016.

Interview

the whole process took around 3weeks. I submitted Cv through company website. I interviewed with 3 managers from different departments including 2 from accounting field and 1 from analyst field.

Interview Questions

• Bahavioral questions, accounting questions e.g. how to record ppe and inventory in various situations, analysis questions e.g. how can you explain about the rising of profit or declining of cost of company.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied for informational session. It was selective and after the information session, we were told that being selected for the information session meant that we will be reviewed for the subsequent rounds of interview.

Fit interview with two senior managers in the firm.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangkok (Thailand)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Bangkok (Thailand)) in December 2009.

Interview

I interviewed on campus in the U.S. at first, as they came to recruit mostly chemical engineering major. As a chemical engineering and economics double major, I told them that I am interested in both an engineering and a business analyst position. It was a basic, 45 minutes behavioral interview. They told me that they will keep my record on file. Around a month later, HR from Thailand, my home country, emailed me stating their interest to pursue my candidacy. I flew back home to Thailand during school break, and interviewed with them. The interview was one hour, 3 people on the panel, and they asked me basic behavioral questions, mostly stuff from my resume but also things like team working and leadership skills.

Interview Questions

• Can you please tell me a time when you had faced a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate, as they told me that the compensation is already competitively matched with other firms in the city.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Breda (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Breda (Netherlands)) in June 2016.

Interview

Het gesprek zelf was redelijk informeel en meer een bespreking van je CV en persoonlijkheid. Er werden geen moeilijke vragen gesteld en achteraf werd aangegeven dat dit gesprek niet doorslaggevend is. Achteraf wordt pas gekeken naar je "extra curricular activities". Verder is het heel belangrijk om duidelijk te maken dat je bereid bent te verhuizen binnen de EU of zelfs over heel de wereld.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Brussels (Belgium)) in February 2016.

Interview

Na de online applicatie krijg je 10 dagen om een online numerical test af te leggen. Daarna volgen 2 interviews: een met het HR team en een met de managers. In het eerste deel van het interview wordt telkens de CV besproken en worden er naar een aantal situaties gevraagd (vb. waar je een conflict moest oplossen in een groep). Daarna wordt er een schattingsvraag gesteld waar je vooral logisch moet structureren en assumpties maken. Op het einde worden er nog een aantal typische vragen gesteld vb. waarom Exxon? en krijgt de kandidaat zelf de kans om vragen te stellen.

Interview Questions

• Stel, de manager van een luchtvaartmaatschappij beslist om een van de lange-afstandsvliegtuigen te schilderen. Hoeveel zou dit kosten?   Answer Question