ExxonMobil Controller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Controller Interview Questions

2.6

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Controllers Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2015.

Interview

Behavioral questions for the campus interviews. The day before, there was a information session at a restaurant. On the interview day, Met with one-on-one with one of the recruiters. They were very nice and informative. The next week they informed us if we are selected for the onsite interview or not.

Interview Questions

• what is your favorite class?
    what is your least favorite class?
    how did you handle conflict with a teammate?
    Give me situation when you came up with a creative idea to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was first invited to dinner on campus. I had another outstanding offer and they were very accommodating. Quickly did first round phone interview and then they sent me to Houston the next week for 2 more interviews. Interview Process was very structured and thorough. All interviews were very relaxed and conversational.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when your problem-solving technique was not working and how you changed it.
      Talk about a time when you had to use data analysis to solve a problem.
      Know your resume (as always) and have stories for everything.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiating as an intern is probably not your best bet.

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Budapest (Hungary)).

Interview

One phone interview, then two rounds of personal interviews lasting about an hour each. Both interviews are mainly behavioural questions, but there are a couple of accounting related questions, not advanced though. The whole interview is English with a short 2-3 questions to test your knowledge of other foreign languages listed on your CV.

Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Budapest (Hungary)) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied via a recruiter firm, I was required to complete online test that were mostly accounting related. The interviewing process comprised of two separate interviews with 2-2 professionals, numerous situational questions were asked. All in all, the application process took 4-5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been asked to do something unethical or illegal?   1 Answer

Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Budapest (Hungary)) in February 2014.

Interview

Basic interview. First I had an intrerview with a recruiter company. Then a face to face interview at the company.Took two hours. it is in two rounds. Competency based questions with the STAR method. They really want to know the details that you provide and how you cope in different situations. The whole process took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell em about yourself.
      Desribe a situation when you had to come up with an idea etc...   Answer Question

Controller Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in January 2012.

Interview

For the first round, candidates were invited to a group dinner with the interviewer before the interview. The interview was more like behavior interview, just talked about education, previous work experience and examples of teamwork, leadership, etc. The second round was the last round, but including three 1-on-1 interviews given by managers at the headquarter office. The process was just as the same as the first round.

Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2010.

Interview

Very rigid interview process. There was a list of "suggested" questions which we worked our way through. Two people interviewed in the first interview. Was very routine and not much chance to see the personalities of the interviewers and whether you would be able to work with them. When asked questions they tried to answer as best they could, but came across as quite vague. Job description was not the best. Felt like you were signing up for a brand. After 1st interview, then drug tests and medicals. Once the results came back, then 2nd interview. 2nd interview conducted by 2 people. More of a meet and greet, but also ran through the importance of procedures and controls (dont kid yourself - this is major!). Asked for any conflicts of interest.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not feel like there was any room to negotiate so did not try to do so.