ExxonMobil Cost Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Cost Engineer Interview Questions

Cost Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

My interview process was good. I was a return intern, so I had a phone screening in order to be in the cost engineering role. This would not be the interview experience if you have not had a previous experience with the company. The phone screening was a conversation based on if I was a good fit for the team and vise versa.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. What made you interested in project management?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Cost Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

First interview was on campus, behavioral and relaxed, probably because I had a nice interviewer. I received an e-mail a week or so later letting me know that I had passed the first round of interviews and was in the pool of prospective hires that hiring managers choose from. I was contacted about 2 weeks later by a hiring manager in Baytown to gage my interest, then received an official invitation for a second on-site interview in the Baytown complex. I was taken out to dinner the night before my interview at ExxonMobil, and the next day I was taken to breakfast. It was an all-day process and I went through 4 interviews that day. Received my offer about 3 weeks after. The entire process took a little longer than other companies but that's expected from a giant like ExxonMobil, overall everyone I met was very nice and helpful throughout the entire experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced an ethical dilemma and had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very competitive salary, no negotiation needed

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baytown, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

On Campus Interview
    Phone Interview
    On Site Interview (4 interview)

On campus interviews are relatively easy to get if you have solid resume. (high GPA, work experience etc.) It seems that all the interviews are processed into a large pool, which are accessible by managers of the site. Once the manager sees profile and like it, they will call you. All the interviews are very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• On campus interview (expected behavioral questions)
      Phone interview and on-site (conversational laid back)
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

They gave me four interviews, and one technical interview. Most of them were just schmoozy, "get to know you" type questions. Also, there were some behavioral questions ("tell me about a time when...."). The technical interview was given by a junior employee and didn't seem to be very important. The "fit" questions were quite pointed, however.