ExxonMobil Interview Questions in Dallas, TX | Glassdoor

3.4

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Continuous Improvement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Dallas, TX).

Interview

HR mgr described the interview process and schedule, plant tour with process manager (highly informative- guide was well versed, and explained complex processes simply), who stayed with me until delayed managers arrived for team interview. Behavior, skill determination, and situational questions were all used. Ample opportunity to answer my questions. Professionally done. Called me back before the deadline they had set.

Government Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I was selected to interview with the Government Relations department. The day consisted of 6 interviews each with a different the department director (Gov. Relations, CSR, Communications etc). I also had the chance to speak with former interns who were hired after their internships. There is a writing test, you must draft up a policy memo. The other candidates varied from undergraduate to graduate students.
    I did not get an offer, which is okay but I never heard back from them which I felt like was unprofessional. I even followed up twice and never got a response.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, tell me about your experience, strengths v. weakness etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I interviewed through college or university. Submitted resume on my college's career website and then got an email from the recruiter. I then scheduled the interview time. The interview took 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• What was your most challenge while working in a group project?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Dallas, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

lots of behavioral questions and a general discussion about the group.

Controller Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Dallas, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview was 100% behavioral. Asked questions to probe leadership abilities and conflict resolution techniques. The interviewer stated that 2nd round interviews would be more technical, but would still be mainly behavioral. Interviewer was extremely friendly and did not try to put me in any stress type situations.

Sample Questions:
    Name your most important leadership experience.
    Talk about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker.
    What was your greatest accomplishment?
    What is the difference between a leader and a manager?

Public Affairs Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Dallas, TX) in February 2009.

Interview

First interview was on campus with a current employee. It was very straightforward "fit" interview, no trick questions. The next interview was an all-day affair with all senior management..a little more challenging but not bad at all... each interview about 30 min long.

Didn't hear back for about three months though...then got offer

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a bad decision...   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a difficult working relationship with a colleague or superior.. how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Corporate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Dallas, TX) in August 2008.

Interview

The interview process was great from beginning to end. I was picked up at the airport in a black town car with tinted windows and taken to a nice hotel. There was a casual group dinner the evening before, and the food was delicious. Upon arriving for the interview, I was assigned an escort who took me from interview to interview. The interview process was difficult, however it was enjoyable and I was treated with respect throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• There were many questions around strategic thinking. Be prepared to provide multiple examples of your strategic thinking capabilities   Answer Question