ExxonMobil Electrical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Electrical Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I first filled out an application on Exxon Mobile's career website, very quick and easy. I was then contacted by an exxonmobile representative suggesting that they would like to conduct a preliminary interview with me at my college. I went to the interview, most of the questions they asked were behavioral, they also asked about some of the skills and experience I had represented on resume. After the structured part of the interview, I was asked to elaborate on some skills that may not have come up in the interview up to that point, but that should be highlighted.

I received a call the very next day suggesting that they would like to fly me down to their campus in Houston. The Houston interview was very similar to that of the initial interview, all behavioral based questions, except instead of one interview I had three, with managers under the same job function.

All in all a very nice process, one of the best I have been apart of, try to be yourself and you will do great.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me of a time that you did not agree with the current process of doing something at work, and what you did to resolve that problem.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I gave my resume to an ExxonMobil recruiter that attend a job expo at my university. A few days later I got an email telling me that they wanted to interview me on my university's campus.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to sell out an idea to someone.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

Interview

I went to see them at the career fair and the recruiters were friendly and easy to talk to. I got a call for an interview the next day and they even hosted a "how to interview" session for everyone who got an interview. The interview itself was easy. It was an hour long. However, a good chunk of it was the recruiter talking about Exxon. The questions they asked were pretty basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• There' wasn't one. All pretty straightforward. The last question they asked me was, "Is there anything else you'd like to say that we don't know about that we should?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Got an interview through a career fair as a freshman, the interviewer was a project manager at ExxonMobil and was very personable. Since I was a freshman it wasn't a very difficult interview, and the interviewer was very clear that each interviewer argues your case with the others when they decide who finally gets the internship.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2013.

Interview

Receive interview invitation through campus application.
    The whole interview for me at that time is not easy.
    A lot of questions regarding "why", "how"....

Interview Questions

• Based on my personal characteristics, the interviewers asked me a lot. And most of the questions are regarding to what i have told them.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

only got to first round

Interview Questions

• really ambiguous questions
      goes over your resume in depth
      Answer Question