ExxonMobil Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2017

81 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

I went to an on campus information session and then spoke to a recruiter at the career fair. I was contacted for an interview a few days later. The interview was behavioral based, but my interviewer wanted very specific information and numbers for each answer. Overall, my interactions with ExxonMobil were pleasant and I would apply again.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to decide between two conflicting sources of data   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Tuscaloosa, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university's career page. I heard back within a few days about an on campus interview. I thought the interview went well but didn't hear anything back. I emailed my interviewer inquiring how the process was going and got no response. Finally after a month, I got a very generic rejection email.

Interview Questions

• (Something like) Talk about a time someone went against what you said. What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through campus career services. Then I spoke with a recruiter at the campus career fair who didn't seem interested in me. Later I was invited for an on-campus interview. We went through my resume and I answered a few behavioral questions. I was told I would hear back in two weeks.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2016.

Interview

Very standard behavioral interview - no technical questions were asked. Interviewer was especially interested in my past work experiences in the petroleum field. The interview itself lasted around 40 minutes and was a very standard process. Be prepared to go in depth over your previous work experiences. I heard back from the recruiting team about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to complete a task with insufficient resources.
      Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a teammate over a project   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baytown, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was behavioral. They asked a series of questions regarding past experience and performance. I had a three panel interview everyone was very nice and professional. I was asked to come back for a second interview with hiring managers and went through the same behavioral type interview. Again, everyone was very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to skip a step in a process. What did you do and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2015.

Interview

Interview focused on behavioral questions involving problem solving, relationships, and other resume related topics. A lot of questions on overcoming adversity. Interview was very structured with little opportunity to expand on personal job qualities outside the strict questions. Overall a good interview, however, it felt rather intimidating even for a highly qualified candidates.

Interview Questions

• When working with a difficult person, how have you resolved an issue when you don't see eye to eye?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Nashville, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

Alumnus held on-campus 1st round interview. All questions were behavioral based, using the star method. On-campus interview was used as a screening process with a 4 week hear back time

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with conflict while working with a group?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied for a general engineering position at PhD level through campus info session and received a follow-up interview on campus approximately one week later. The interviewer was one of our alumni but not from my area of study. The interview lasts for about 45 minutes. After the interview, I was told my resume will be routed to related department and I will be contacted provided that there are any potential positions. After two months, I received the rejection email.

Interview Questions

• No behavioral questions. Every question was about my resume.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

On site interview at college. Consisted of one - on - one interview with recruiter. Standard interview questions focusing for a short time on resume. The interview then focused on school courses and began with the standard set of interview questions. There was a portion of the interview where the recruiter described some of the typical work and offered time to answer any specific questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you used engineering skills to solve a difficult technical problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Raleigh, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

STARS questions. Was very interested in manufacturing experience and asking about any possible gaps in work history. Reviewed my resume during the interview and drew a lot of questions there, so making sure you know your resume inside and out and can figure out what types of questions they will ask will be helpful.