ExxonMobil Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Financial Analyst

ExxonMobil Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at ExxonMobil

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in July 2008.

Interview

Simple behavior based interview. 3 people, each tasked to ascertain one component. Leadership, Analytical Skills, and Drive/Flexibility. Have multiple examples in mind for each of the above. Internet research will provide loads of behavior based interview example questions. Try to mention safety. Focus on your contribution. Use the situation, issues, action model.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you showed leaderhip when a project had gone wrong.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Do not negotiate. Any concessions are superficial and will only be eroded by the normal system. You are better off negotiating on start date or preferred first assignment content. Seek early international exposure, even if you are doing it from Houston. Ensure that you are prepared to commit lots of time and effort in first year - this is critical to long term success in the company. Good people get good jobs get good reviews, and the cycle continues.

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Fairfax, VA) in October 2009.

Interview

Applied online, had first interview on campus, one on one. Normal behavior questions: "tell me about a time when..." Interviewer was looking for a "Go-getter" who would be a good leader.
    Two weeks after first interview, flew to Fairfax, interviewed on site. Dinner the night before with other recruits and senior execs, mingling, chit chat environment. Next day consisted of a presentation to the recruits about ExxonMobil, then three one on one interviews with three senior execs. Focus was on demonstrated analysis experience and leadership roles.
    Got offer within 24 hours of second interview. Had three weeks to accept.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you've used analysis to solve a problem   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in the energy industry?   Answer Question
    • Do you think it is best for oil to be priced high or low?   Answer Question

Negotiation

ExxonMobil does not negotiate salary, they feel that the offer they give is fair and may be offended if you try to negotiate. Possible other areas of negotiation are vacation days/relocation, but I didn't try to negotiate this.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in November 2007.

Interview

Hiring Process out of university rather normal. Two rounds of interviews ... mostly behavioral questions. Questions range from anything to interest. Be prepared to discuss some oil business intelligently also helped very much.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, second round is an office visit. You meet a lot of people, all of which are very friendly. They love talking about their experience. Have questions ready for them.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX).

Interview

MBA interviews are entirely behavioral with a heavy emphasis on cultural fit. ExxonMobil is looking for intelligent, driven, creative, hardworking, teamwork-oriented people. First round is typically on campus or at a career fair. The second interview will be on site in Houston. Response was very quick, only two to thee days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you displayed leadership behavior/teamwork/data analysis skills   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Standard post - MBA finance process, standard corp fin questions, checking your motivation, basic knowledge of the industry, etc. Could be more specific if being hired for a specific process. Helps a lot to have a personal connection into the company.

Interview Questions

• CAPM model - standard questions, all in line with Corp Fin Theory   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX).

Interview

interview process was routine - staff was very friendly and helpful. There were several rounds of interviews with different personnel. Interview was focused on typical behavioral questions (tell me about a time you had to show leadership..etc)

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2016.

Interview

I had a initial, behavioral interview with two Exxon recruiters on campus right after my school's career fair. They will ask you to use the STAR method to answer their questions, so definitely familiarize yourself with that prior to the interview.

Overall, the questions were straightforward, nothing tricky, but be prepared to elaborate on your experiences and answer multiple follow up questions. My interview lasted around 45-50 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview process was good. Not too hard. Initial phone screening with HR. Then again a phone screening with the Hiring Manager. Then on-site interview at Houston Campus followed by lunch with the team. The interviewers were friendly and were open to ideas and insights.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leatherhead, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Leatherhead, England (UK)).

Interview

Online numerical test, 20 questions in 20 minutes. Then a bog standard HR telephone interview a few weeks after. Normal competencies asked, the interview only lasted 25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Take a look at any competency interview, all questions are usually the same.   Answer Question