ExxonMobil Geoscientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Geoscientist Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Geoscientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

30 minute on-campus interview after applying online and attending short information session. Very relaxed 1 on 1 interview with no technical questions. All questions based on resume information. Interviewer focused on thesis research and past work experience. Asked general questions about why I wanted to work for Exxon, what interested me about Exxon, what I wanted out of the job, if I was OK with the fast-paced environment and travel associated with full-time employment with Exxon, etc. Also discussed the type of employees Exxon is looking for and the diverse background they look for in a potential employee.

Interview Questions

• Asked about the type of skills you used in past work/school experience.   1 Answer
  • Explain the work you are doing on your Master's thesis.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Geoscientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in September 2007.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two parts. One on one brief interview just to get acquainted to each other with further presentation in front of several decision-making persons.
    The first part was pretty stress free, more like informal one I'd say. However, the second part was a tough one. Because I have had to give a detailed overview of my undergraduate degree research project and answer some tricky question. But I passed the test successfully.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not got myself involved in any negotiations, since the offer was very attractive to me.