ExxonMobil Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.9

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was straight forward. It was direct questions related to the work i am going to do.

Interview Questions

• They asked about Active directory and the details of getting permissions of the folders. Since i had done a similar project it was easy for me to answer.   1 Answer

Income Tax Preparer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

My on campus interview with ExxonMobil went better than I expected. My interview was an hour long. They split it between 2 different interviewers which 30 minutes each. The first interviewer asked me few behavior interview questions and the second interviewer asked me technical interview questions about accounting.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX).

Interview

interview process was routine - staff was very friendly and helpful. There were several rounds of interviews with different personnel. Interview was focused on typical behavioral questions (tell me about a time you had to show leadership..etc)

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Originally was reached out to by an on-campus recruiter for application interest. I followed up my application at a career fair which transitioned into a 45-minute 1-on-1 interview with an on-campus recruiter. The next round was with a 45-minute phone interview with an entry-level hiring manager. For the final round of interviews, I was flown to Houston for a day consisting of a campus tour and three interviews.

All interviews were fairly behavioral with limited technical application. Questions were left fairly open ended in which technical/leadership experience could be drawn upon for each answer, but in no way only had a single correct answer.

Interview Questions

• - Describe a time you took a leadership position in a team setting.   Answer Question

Analyzer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Basic phone interview a few weeks later with an onsite interview scheduled after that. Meet with upper level management of group I would be working for and also people would have been peers within group. Each has some specific STAR questions to ask, but could also ask individual questions as they arose. Interview was very friendly and communication with host was excellent. Also met with HR rep to discuss benefits while on site.

Management and employees had a very clear emphasis on career development opportunities which I appreciated. I declined the offer for personal reasons, but had zero complaints about the offer, interview process, etc.

Interview Questions

• Mostly some standard STAR questions along with follow-up questions about my CV. Asked a lot of questions about my current job and daily tasks as I was doing almost the exact same job at a different company.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Started with a 1-on-1 in-person interview. Covered behavioral/situational questions. Very straightforward, traditional interview.

They flew me out on Thursday morning. That night we had dinner with some newish employees who showed us around the town and talked about what the first few years on the job look like. Informal and fun.

Friday morning we were driven to the ExxonMobil campus for breakfast and then we had three 50-minute one-on-one interviews. Social lunch w interviewers then we went on a tour of campus and then flew home

My 3 main interviews went behavioral-technical-behavioral. Questions were recycled between the very first interview and these two behavioral interviews. A couple questions were asked word-for-word in all three. Technical interview was on a whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to complete a task and had missing information
      Describe a time you got too much credit for a group effort
      Describe a time the direction/priorities of your project shifted dramatically, how did you react?
      Describe a situation where your work was being closely monitored, did you work well in that environment?
      etc, etc, the behavioral questions were all "describe a time when.."

Describe pointers vs references in C++
      Write FizzBuzz (lol classic)
      Write code to find the one missing number in an unsorted list of n-1 numbers from 1 to n
      Write an expression that will return all filenames ending with .txt (looking for a regex answer)
      Describe polymorphism in the context of OOP
      Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I first filled out an application on Exxon Mobile's career website, very quick and easy. I was then contacted by an exxonmobile representative suggesting that they would like to conduct a preliminary interview with me at my college. I went to the interview, most of the questions they asked were behavioral, they also asked about some of the skills and experience I had represented on resume. After the structured part of the interview, I was asked to elaborate on some skills that may not have come up in the interview up to that point, but that should be highlighted.

I received a call the very next day suggesting that they would like to fly me down to their campus in Houston. The Houston interview was very similar to that of the initial interview, all behavioral based questions, except instead of one interview I had three, with managers under the same job function.

All in all a very nice process, one of the best I have been apart of, try to be yourself and you will do great.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me of a time that you did not agree with the current process of doing something at work, and what you did to resolve that problem.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX).

Interview

Basic situational interview questions. Nothing tricky. It was almost completely behavioral based. It was more of a review of the resume and experience. Ultimately, it was designed to determine fit with ExxonMobil culture. Surprisingly non-intimidating, and one of the more pleasant interviewing experiences.

SummerFinancial Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a one on one interview after submitting an online application through a university career website. The interview was very simple and relaxed, it felt more like a conversation rather than a formal interview, only behavioral questions were asked. The recruiting team didn't even have a courtesy to let me know that i didn't advance to the next stage.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome challenges at your previous work place?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX).

Interview

MBA interviews are entirely behavioral with a heavy emphasis on cultural fit. ExxonMobil is looking for intelligent, driven, creative, hardworking, teamwork-oriented people. First round is typically on campus or at a career fair. The second interview will be on site in Houston. Response was very quick, only two to thee days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you displayed leadership behavior/teamwork/data analysis skills   Answer Question