ExxonMobil IT Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil IT Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 19, 2016

2.7

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

pretty easy interview, typical behavioral questions. I sent my follow up email and received a response back within 48 hours. Unfortunately it was a form letter response letting me know that I would be taken into consideration. I haven't heard anything back from them as of this point but I'm hoping to soon!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were working on an attention to detail oriented assignment where your team member was distracting you and you were unable to complete the task.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (El Paso, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

All the questions were basic behavior questions. You don't need to study about their company until you know you have passed their first test. I do suggest that you ask about the work environment. Good luck to all those that apply.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Provo, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

Had one on-campus interview that is completely behavioral based questions. Since it is only for an internship, there is no follow-up interview, nor a fly-out to Houston. Still waiting on a response. They have two rounds of selection, the first round results in Exxon extending offers to interns they really want within 2 weeks. The others are strung along for an unspecified amount of time until they fill all the positions they have.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time that you accomplished something you were very proud of, but had no direction as to going about achieving it.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview consisted of a thorough background explanation and then a series of behavioral questions. My interviewer had a specific amount of time to interview me and only had about three questions that they had to have answered. There were no technical questions at all. The only technicalities discussed were during my explanation of my experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus career fair, went to first round interview where they asked mostly behavioral questions, wanted to see if you have leadership qualities. Did not get second round interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to get everyone on a team's buy in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

It was not terribly long, but was very generic and seemed like they were applying the same blanket process to every perspective employees. There was a phone screen, then a 1:1 and finally three on-site interviews. They mostly hire out of college to a generic position.

Interview Questions

• What was a significant challenge you faced professionally.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Provo, UT) in September 2011.

Interview

I interviewed for an internship on campus. The first interview was face to face, then the second interview was over the phone with the team supervisor. The questions were all behavioral-based. I assumed they wanted to see if I was a good cultural fit for the company and that they would continue to train me on anything I needed to learn once I got there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were able to use persuasion to successfully convince someone to see things your way.   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)).

Interview

You will need to undergo phone interview first before are being called to attend a real case study group discussion to test your abilities in portraying yourself in handling difficult scenarios at work. Then finally, you will need to attend one on one interview with managers in order to be selected as an employee of ExxonMobil.

Interview Questions

• How would you see yourself in the next 20 years in the company?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2016.

Interview

I was selected for an on campus interview after applying through my school's hire system. As others have stated, the questions were STAR based with a few change-ups thrown in. It wasn't my best interview. Plus, it was scheduled at the end of the second day, and I definitely sensed that the recruiter was tired. In hindsight, I would try to schedule late morning before lunch on the first day if possible.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult person?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a two recent decisions you have made - one good, one bad and explain your thought process toward each.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in December 2014.

Interview

Telephone Interview which was scheduled to take 30mins, must have taken about 30-35 mins. I was interviewed by someone from HR, no technical questions were asked only competency based questions. This was a good experience as it was one of my first interviews. It helped highlight areas I was struggling with. It is not a difficult interview, all the questions I was asked I could find on glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions, why Exxonmobil? Why IT? Tell me a time when you were in a difficult situation, how did you resolve it? How would your best friend describe you? Te me a time you had to work in a team. etc.   Answer Question