ExxonMobil IT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.8

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Bloomington, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a single round interview that consisted solely on a 45 minute bahvior based questions. Very friendly recruiters and responded the next day with a decision. They choose 50 interns a year nationwide to go to the Houston, TX campus.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you worked in a team and you succeeded at a particular task.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Gainesville, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

There was a causal dinner on the night before the interview that lasted for two hours. It was an opportunity to ask questions about the company but also to get to know the recruiter/interviewer more. The next day, the interviewer asked about the resume and pointed at a couple of my experiences and told me to explain further.

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2016.

Interview

It was completely behavioral questions, so nothing tricky. It was a very relaxing, comfortable interview. They wanted to get to know you and what you've done. They wanted to see if you're fit for ExxonMobil. The interview was about 45 minutes and if you're done early they asked if you any questions for them and if you wanted to say anything else for them to know. Overall I had a really good experience with the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any leadership experiences?
      How do you handle difficult situation?
      How do you handle multitasking?
      Have you ever come up with something creative?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Bloomington, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through college career fair. Going into the interview they thought I was a junior and not a sophomore. Seemed like the interviewer tuned out after finding this out. Interview was all behavioral, easy, and relaxed. Said they would get back to me quickly, but I never heard back from anyone at the company.

Interview Questions

• What is something you would like to tell us that we didn't ask you about?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

All behavioral questions, funny enough. The most technical thing they asked me was about my previous internship experience. I went to the mix and greet dinner the night before, and everyone working there seemed EXTREMELY happy BUT preoccupied with how much money they were making there.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult challenge you've had to overcome?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Interview

One on campus behavioral interview with a recruiter. The interviewer will ask typical behavioral interview questions about how you would react to a particular situation or the "tell me about a time when...". Their turnaround time is pretty quick, I heard back the next day. Just be sure to be ready to talk about everything listed on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were on a team with a member who wasn't really contributing that much. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

At the onsite visit there were three forty minute interviews with managers. These interviews consisted of multiple questions regarding behavior, leadership, and analytical skills, but they do not ask technical questions. The interviews are not bad at all. The managers are very personable and you have plenty of time in between them so you never feel rushed. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation where someone disagreed with you and you had to convince them that you are right?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Budapest (Hungary)).

Interview

Structured interview with two division managers. Both were very nice guy, and good interview in general. It was in a small meeting room and lasted about half an hour to 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• 1, Self introduction, very briefly
      2, how do you cope unprepared change?
      3, do you have any thing that dissatisfies you in your work or life?
      4, have you worked together with people you don’t like? If so how would deal with the relationship?
      5, how did you know about ExxonMobil and the position?
      6, Why do you want to work in ExxonMobil
      7, Detailed education background
      8, tell us something about the project and your role (resume-based)
      9, have you ever volunteered in something?
      10, is the internship mandatory for your study / do you have any questions for us?   Answer Question