ExxonMobil Information Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 2, 2017

3.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied the university recruiting system - they held a reception to meet the interviewers the night before. The interview was okay overall, my interviewer was extremely dry so I had to carry most of the conversation. Make sure that you have insightful questions and don't resort to your generic questions that you ask in every interview. They want to see that you have done the research.

Interview Questions

• name a time that you got a group of people excited about your idea   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX).

Interview

Was very well executed. First interview took place on university campus, followed by three interviews on ExxonMobil campus. Interviews often focus more on behavior traits rather than on problem solving skills. They stress three main points in their questions: 1) situation, 2) action, and 3) result.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been a situation in which your team proposed a solution for a problem for which you had a better solution for?   Answer Question

Haven't responded yet. Inclined to decline given that they offered my a very low salary -- compared to interns that is. Insulting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

They came to the career fair at my university. I got selected to go to the first round of interviews. They look for experience, and ask questions how past experience or past situations and how you dealt with it. There were three different people interviewing during the interview. They would all ask questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

I had several telephone interviews and once I passed those interviews I was called into their main office. Once at their office I was given a 1-on-1 interview first with an HR person and then with a hiring manager. About a month later I was contacted and I was brought in for a Group/Panel Interview and I was grilled by three different people.

Interview Questions

• Please describe the functionality of a fiber channel connection in a storage area network and name three SAN vendors that you have developed a business relationship with.   Answer Question