ExxonMobil Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.9

126 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the campus hiring website. Then I attended the info session where they answered basic questions about how the interview process is. Last was the face to face interview and job offer in a couple days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a group problem and you came up with the solution   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

On campus interview. Interviewer was nice and made sure that I wasn't nervous. All behavioral. Make sure you know your resume inside out and answer in STAR format. Heard back with a respond about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked with people who had different opinions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

They were really nice and helpful. They made you feel comfortable and at ease. It was nice because while they were looking at you as a candidate. It also felt like they were open to be asked about their company as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you struggled to bring team unity   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

This was the 1st interview which had taken place at the University about a week after the career fair. It is estimated that it will take three weeks before we hear the results on whether we are selected to proceed to a second interview on-site.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Simple behavioral interview, mainly asked about my resume and expanded from there. Honestly, it felt more like a conversation than interview. The night before they hosted an info session with the interviewers. I would definitely recommend going to this and talking to the recruiters in the department you are applying to.

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Champaign, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

phone interview after in person campus interview both of which were very professional. The only problem was the competition on campus to get the interview and the relative short interview due to time constraints of the interviewer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied in September through college career site. Got notified of first round interview the next week. On campus interview with behavioral questions. Really straightforward. They were really helpful with trying to fit my schedule. All the interviewers were alums of my college.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you disagreed with someone in your group? How did you handle it?
      Descrive a time something went wrong? What did you do first?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I applied via my school career portal, and never once spoke to a recruiter. Received an email a week later about an information session and setting up an interview time. The two recruiters were interviewing for full time and part time positions, 32 candidates in total.

The interview itself is purely behavioral questions. Nothing crazy, generic preparation and going through common Exxon questions will be very helpful. It seemed like that they were really looking for engineers with business concentrations, all of the prior year internships were given to integrated degree students.

I heard back a few weeks later through an automated message that I did not receive a position referral.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Submitted my resume, transcript and was selected for an interview. Though the internship was technical in nature, the first interview was exclusively behavioral-based. Make sure you have good, well-rehearsed stories about your experiences that display some of your best work qualities.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

The interview was entirely behavioral. The interviewer was extremely friendly and treated the process like a conversation. The STAR method will help. They then informed me in around a week of my results.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you dealt with a stressful time and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question