ExxonMobil Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 23, 2017

2.9

132 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the campus hiring website. Then I attended the info session where they answered basic questions about how the interview process is. Last was the face to face interview and job offer in a couple days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a group problem and you came up with the solution   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied through my campus website. I went to an info session and career fair. Had an on campus interview that was 45 minutes long with one recruiter. They were very receptive and nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to complete a task and didn’t have enough information.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

On campus interview. Interviewer was nice and made sure that I wasn't nervous. All behavioral. Make sure you know your resume inside out and answer in STAR format. Heard back with a respond about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked with people who had different opinions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

They were really nice and helpful. They made you feel comfortable and at ease. It was nice because while they were looking at you as a candidate. It also felt like they were open to be asked about their company as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you struggled to bring team unity   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

This was the 1st interview which had taken place at the University about a week after the career fair. It is estimated that it will take three weeks before we hear the results on whether we are selected to proceed to a second interview on-site.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Received interview offer through Career fair. Interviewed on campus. Met the representative at a variety of company info sessions prior to the interview. Heard back a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe the hardest problem you have had to solve?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Pasadena, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very casual; interviewer had my resume out and a asked me questions about my experiences. He took some notes but conversation flowed naturally and at the end he answered any questions I had about the company.

Interview Questions

• What has been your greatest accomplishment since coming [to college]?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2017.

Interview

Applied on the website after attending an informal info session. Recuirter called a week later, scheduled an on-campus interview. I was told that they were at the end of summer 2018 intern recuirting process so everything should move fast. The interview went for a little over 45 minutes. No technical questions, purely behaviorals. I answered three questions based on my previous work experience. The interviewer took notes and asked follow up questions after answers were given. By the end, we briefly talked about personal life as well as any questions related to the company. I never hear from them afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you solved a complex problem.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you successfully had others to buy into your ideas.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever encountered stressful situations? If you did, what have you done?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Simple behavioral interview, mainly asked about my resume and expanded from there. Honestly, it felt more like a conversation than interview. The night before they hosted an info session with the interviewers. I would definitely recommend going to this and talking to the recruiters in the department you are applying to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Very nice interviewer - friendly and personable. Seemed passionate about the company. Asked only behavioral questions, and some of them were pretty similar, so it was tough to diversify answers.