ExxonMobil Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at ExxonMobil

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Champaign, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

phone interview after in person campus interview both of which were very professional. The only problem was the competition on campus to get the interview and the relative short interview due to time constraints of the interviewer

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview and I called the number given by them and this interview is most about technical questions. Firstly of all, they give the format of the interview and then different people ask different questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Last year on November, I got a phone call a day before the interview when I was on one of the conferences. It was my first interview ever therefore I am nervous and I was preparing the whole night. The interviewer is very nice and it was a relaxing interview. It basically go through what I have on my resume. However, I was not prepared to answer in depth on my resume. Since he is an engineer, he asked me to explain the entire process to him and listing the name of every essential substances that I have worked in my research. Since I was not able to answer fluently, I think I did bad on my interview. In addition, they are not hiring any summer internship since it was all full. They were looking for spring co-op. This interview is not really a hiring interview but more like a casual review of your resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your college experience before you transfer to this school. Tell me about your research experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2017.

Interview

Applied on the website after attending an informal info session. Recuirter called a week later, scheduled an on-campus interview. I was told that they were at the end of summer 2018 intern recuirting process so everything should move fast. The interview went for a little over 45 minutes. No technical questions, purely behaviorals. I answered three questions based on my previous work experience. The interviewer took notes and asked follow up questions after answers were given. By the end, we briefly talked about personal life as well as any questions related to the company. I never hear from them afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever encountered stressful situations? If you did, what have you done?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you successfully had others to buy into your ideas.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you solved a complex problem.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied through my campus website. I went to an info session and career fair. Had an on campus interview that was 45 minutes long with one recruiter. They were very receptive and nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to complete a task and didn’t have enough information.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the campus hiring website. Then I attended the info session where they answered basic questions about how the interview process is. Last was the face to face interview and job offer in a couple days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a group problem and you came up with the solution   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It is a on campus interview where you are asked about your resume. Basically go over each item on your resume that interests the interviewer. Then goes into behavior types of questions. Typeical questions which you can expect.

Interview Questions

• Is there a situation that you are not agree with your advisor, how you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Simple behavioral interview, mainly asked about my resume and expanded from there. Honestly, it felt more like a conversation than interview. The night before they hosted an info session with the interviewers. I would definitely recommend going to this and talking to the recruiters in the department you are applying to.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

They were really nice and helpful. They made you feel comfortable and at ease. It was nice because while they were looking at you as a candidate. It also felt like they were open to be asked about their company as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you struggled to bring team unity   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

This was the 1st interview which had taken place at the University about a week after the career fair. It is estimated that it will take three weeks before we hear the results on whether we are selected to proceed to a second interview on-site.