ExxonMobil Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied in September through college career site. Got notified of first round interview the next week. On campus interview with behavioral questions. Really straightforward. They were really helpful with trying to fit my schedule. All the interviewers were alums of my college.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you disagreed with someone in your group? How did you handle it?
    Descrive a time something went wrong? What did you do first?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I applied via my school career portal, and never once spoke to a recruiter. Received an email a week later about an information session and setting up an interview time. The two recruiters were interviewing for full time and part time positions, 32 candidates in total.

The interview itself is purely behavioral questions. Nothing crazy, generic preparation and going through common Exxon questions will be very helpful. It seemed like that they were really looking for engineers with business concentrations, all of the prior year internships were given to integrated degree students.

I heard back a few weeks later through an automated message that I did not receive a position referral.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Submitted my resume, transcript and was selected for an interview. Though the internship was technical in nature, the first interview was exclusively behavioral-based. Make sure you have good, well-rehearsed stories about your experiences that display some of your best work qualities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied to internship at career fair, then received an email a few weeks later about the on campus interview. The interviewers were all alumni and there was a pre interview info session that is not required up recommended. All the questions were common interview questions nothing unexpected. They choose interns heavily based on GPA and prior experience in industry.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in August 2016.

Interview

Applied through the college job fair and conducted a short elevator type speech to recruiters. Two days later I was called in for an interview. I had a single person interview me. Although she had my resume she only asked behavioral questions. She was really nice and overall it went well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you that you would like me to know that you haven't yet mentioned.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I applied through my college and submitted a candidate profile through their website. Within a week, I was invited to an interview on campus. The questions were mostly behavioral based and were not too difficult to answer. The internship did require relocation. I did not receive an offer, but it was an overall pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to face a very difficult situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Last year on November, I got a phone call a day before the interview when I was on one of the conferences. It was my first interview ever therefore I am nervous and I was preparing the whole night. The interviewer is very nice and it was a relaxing interview. It basically go through what I have on my resume. However, I was not prepared to answer in depth on my resume. Since he is an engineer, he asked me to explain the entire process to him and listing the name of every essential substances that I have worked in my research. Since I was not able to answer fluently, I think I did bad on my interview. In addition, they are not hiring any summer internship since it was all full. They were looking for spring co-op. This interview is not really a hiring interview but more like a casual review of your resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your college experience before you transfer to this school. Tell me about your research experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

On campus Interview. When I stumbled on one question which I didn't really have an answer to, describe a time you had to give up a leadership position, they asked me about 5 more times and made me bomb the interview. Terrible experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

One 30 minute on campus interview, basic behavioral questions. Sometimes they were based off of activities or experience I had on my resume. The interviewer had parts of my resume highlighted to talk about, for example asked me to describe exactly what I did in my summer internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project or event you started and finished on your own   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Durham, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Submitted an application through my university careers site, obtained an interview. Very formatted and scripted interview; interviewer asked personality questions off a pre-made list essentially from the beginning since it was "company protocol". The interviewer was nice but somewhat reserved/uninterested, and I had to make a very conscious effort to keep the conversation going.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you had to make do with less than adequate resources and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question