ExxonMobil Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Intern Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2017

66 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

On campus interview. Interviewer was nice and made sure that I wasn't nervous. All behavioral. Make sure you know your resume inside out and answer in STAR format. Heard back with a respond about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked with people who had different opinions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

This was the 1st interview which had taken place at the University about a week after the career fair. It is estimated that it will take three weeks before we hear the results on whether we are selected to proceed to a second interview on-site.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Received interview offer through Career fair. Interviewed on campus. Met the representative at a variety of company info sessions prior to the interview. Heard back a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe the hardest problem you have had to solve?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2017.

Interview

Applied on the website after attending an informal info session. Recuirter called a week later, scheduled an on-campus interview. I was told that they were at the end of summer 2018 intern recuirting process so everything should move fast. The interview went for a little over 45 minutes. No technical questions, purely behaviorals. I answered three questions based on my previous work experience. The interviewer took notes and asked follow up questions after answers were given. By the end, we briefly talked about personal life as well as any questions related to the company. I never hear from them afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you solved a complex problem.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you successfully had others to buy into your ideas.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever encountered stressful situations? If you did, what have you done?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Simple behavioral interview, mainly asked about my resume and expanded from there. Honestly, it felt more like a conversation than interview. The night before they hosted an info session with the interviewers. I would definitely recommend going to this and talking to the recruiters in the department you are applying to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Very nice interviewer - friendly and personable. Seemed passionate about the company. Asked only behavioral questions, and some of them were pretty similar, so it was tough to diversify answers.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2017.

Interview

The person interviewing me was an engineer and an alum of the college. It was a fairly straightforward interview, with questions regarding my experiences on my resume and some behavioral questions. I was asked what I was interested in specifically within the company, and I had time to ask questions about the company at the end. The process took 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a tough decision with a time constraint.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied in September through college career site. Got notified of first round interview the next week. On campus interview with behavioral questions. Really straightforward. They were really helpful with trying to fit my schedule. All the interviewers were alums of my college.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you disagreed with someone in your group? How did you handle it?
      Descrive a time something went wrong? What did you do first?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I applied via my school career portal, and never once spoke to a recruiter. Received an email a week later about an information session and setting up an interview time. The two recruiters were interviewing for full time and part time positions, 32 candidates in total.

The interview itself is purely behavioral questions. Nothing crazy, generic preparation and going through common Exxon questions will be very helpful. It seemed like that they were really looking for engineers with business concentrations, all of the prior year internships were given to integrated degree students.

I heard back a few weeks later through an automated message that I did not receive a position referral.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Submitted my resume, transcript and was selected for an interview. Though the internship was technical in nature, the first interview was exclusively behavioral-based. Make sure you have good, well-rehearsed stories about your experiences that display some of your best work qualities.