ExxonMobil Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.9

121 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied online through website, passed the psychometric tests and then was emailed with notification of telephone interview, whole process took about 3 weeks or so. Results were also very quick, only about 2 days after.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me a time when you analysed numerical data to reach a conclusion.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2016.

Interview

Competency based skype interview for 30 minutes, easy questions and very friendly. Then if passed, face to face interview with technical managers which was mainly competency based again for 45 minutes. This was more difficult with challenging questions and probing into your answers. Around 2 weeks later they emailed the outcome.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Submitted my resume, transcript and was selected for an interview. Though the internship was technical in nature, the first interview was exclusively behavioral-based. Make sure you have good, well-rehearsed stories about your experiences that display some of your best work qualities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview and I called the number given by them and this interview is most about technical questions. Firstly of all, they give the format of the interview and then different people ask different questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Last year on November, I got a phone call a day before the interview when I was on one of the conferences. It was my first interview ever therefore I am nervous and I was preparing the whole night. The interviewer is very nice and it was a relaxing interview. It basically go through what I have on my resume. However, I was not prepared to answer in depth on my resume. Since he is an engineer, he asked me to explain the entire process to him and listing the name of every essential substances that I have worked in my research. Since I was not able to answer fluently, I think I did bad on my interview. In addition, they are not hiring any summer internship since it was all full. They were looking for spring co-op. This interview is not really a hiring interview but more like a casual review of your resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your college experience before you transfer to this school. Tell me about your research experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I submitted a resume and cover letter and was selected to interview on campus. I received a call from a specific business division two weeks later to interview at the new ExxonMobil campus in Houston, TX. There were 3 45-minute interviews back-to-back. I received the decision call two weeks later.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online, had to complete a numerical test composed of 20 questions in 20 minutes and then recieved a 30 minute skype interview a week later. Mostly just competency based questions and why ExxonMobil.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you disagreed with a team member   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Madison, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

Campus recruiting through our engineering school where I was offered an interview at the career fair led to an interview the next day. After the interviews were over I got a call and I was asked to meet the recruiters and some other top candidates for dinner. There were 6 candidates at dinner. About two weeks later I got a very generic email from an automated system. A few days after that I was emailed by a representative from the specific location to have a phone interview. The phone interview was an hour long with a general breakdown of: 20 minutes of the representative explaining the position and the details of the site, 15 minutes of me asking questions, 25 minutes of behavioral interview questions. I was told that I would have a definite answer within 2 weeks, but found out one week later that I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to solve a problem creatively?
      Tell me about a time you took a leadership position?
      Generally went through resume and asked me to explain or elaborate on experiences.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

On campus Interview. When I stumbled on one question which I didn't really have an answer to, describe a time you had to give up a leadership position, they asked me about 5 more times and made me bomb the interview. Terrible experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2015.

Interview

On-campus interview at university. Alumni from your major conduct the interview which places you on friendly territory with a common background. Typical behavioral questions for the interview. You can Google these types of questions and find examples. Use the STAR method to answer questions as the interviewer records all responses on a paper which is submitted to the location you are applying to.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to tell a team member no. How did you continue to work with them.   Answer Question