ExxonMobil Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.9

120 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Budapest (Hungary)) in April 2017.

Interview

I was applying from LinkedIn, it's took around 2 weeks get phone call interview and the face to face interview invitations, the interview was not that hard mostly behavior basis interview, and it takes two round. And around 4 hours, after that I got answer in one week. It was quite efficient for the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Give me a specific situation when you made a mistake in your work how you manage to save it.   Answer Question
  • Give me a specific examples how you manage your time when you are under pressure of deadline   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2014.

Interview

Face-to-face interview with 3 managers. Interviewers were friendly and attentive. Standard interview questions were asked. Candidates need to be confident and research carefully to understand the role of the department to the company. Interview took around 1 hour to conclude. HR personnel were friendly and responsive regarding inquiries on interview procedure.

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Champaign, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

phone interview after in person campus interview both of which were very professional. The only problem was the competition on campus to get the interview and the relative short interview due to time constraints of the interviewer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied through their website and completed subsequent numerical and verbal analysis tests. Once these were passed I was invited for a skype interview. The interview lasted about 25 minutes. I was asked a lot of questions in this time, some were straightforward but a few were prety tricky. They were all situational based. Such as: how would you effectively lead a team? Whats the greatest obstacle you have faced in getting to where you are now?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview involved three phases: 1) phone screening (30 minutes); 2) phone interview (1 hour); 3) super day in Dallas with four other candidates (5 hours). The interview questions focused on my background. I was not quizzed about my knowledge of the company, nor was I asked any technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your outlook on global oil and natural gas markets?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Pleasant interview process. This was my first ever Skype interview so I was anxious, however the interviewer was very pleasant and informed me to take time if needed to answer questions. Interview lasted around 15 minutes and consisted of around 10 or so questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to troubleshoot and was this successful or unsuccessful?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2016.

Interview

Competency based skype interview for 30 minutes, easy questions and very friendly. Then if passed, face to face interview with technical managers which was mainly competency based again for 45 minutes. This was more difficult with challenging questions and probing into your answers. Around 2 weeks later they emailed the outcome.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2016.

Interview

Skype interview. Behavioural questions asked. It was the second stage of the process. The interview was fairly easy as I was prepared for it. I was passed onto the next stage of the interview. Common questions about weaknesses, obstacles, and teamwork were asked.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you applied your analytical skills?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied in September through college career site. Got notified of first round interview the next week. On campus interview with behavioral questions. Really straightforward. They were really helpful with trying to fit my schedule. All the interviewers were alums of my college.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you disagreed with someone in your group? How did you handle it?
      Descrive a time something went wrong? What did you do first?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Penn, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a 45 minutes interview. The interviewer introduced about the interview process and his or her position right now. Then he or she would start ask you interview questions. It was not very difficult and all behavior questions. They will leave time for you to ask questions at the end. There was only one recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What was your team work experience?
      What do you want us to know about you   Answer Question