ExxonMobil Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jan 28, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Interview

On campus Interview. When I stumbled on one question which I didn't really have an answer to, describe a time you had to give up a leadership position, they asked me about 5 more times and made me bomb the interview. Terrible experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

It was mostly behavioral and they were extremely kind. There was a pre-interview dinner, but I did not attend. They called me the next day after the interview and told me I was their 'top pick'. I was given the offer and a month to decide whether or not to reject or accept.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a project was failing and what did you do to help out?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

One 30 minute on campus interview, basic behavioral questions. Sometimes they were based off of activities or experience I had on my resume. The interviewer had parts of my resume highlighted to talk about, for example asked me to describe exactly what I did in my summer internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project or event you started and finished on your own   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Madison, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

Campus recruiting through our engineering school where I was offered an interview at the career fair led to an interview the next day. After the interviews were over I got a call and I was asked to meet the recruiters and some other top candidates for dinner. There were 6 candidates at dinner. About two weeks later I got a very generic email from an automated system. A few days after that I was emailed by a representative from the specific location to have a phone interview. The phone interview was an hour long with a general breakdown of: 20 minutes of the representative explaining the position and the details of the site, 15 minutes of me asking questions, 25 minutes of behavioral interview questions. I was told that I would have a definite answer within 2 weeks, but found out one week later that I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to solve a problem creatively?
      Tell me about a time you took a leadership position?
      Generally went through resume and asked me to explain or elaborate on experiences.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Durham, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Submitted an application through my university careers site, obtained an interview. Very formatted and scripted interview; interviewer asked personality questions off a pre-made list essentially from the beginning since it was "company protocol". The interviewer was nice but somewhat reserved/uninterested, and I had to make a very conscious effort to keep the conversation going.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you had to make do with less than adequate resources and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2015.

Interview

I submitted my CV through campus recruiting, for a software developer position. A week later I got the first on-campus interview.

A day before interview, they invited all applicants for an "unofficial" dinner, where there were several recruiters from Exxonmobil. The discussed topics, were casual and all of them seemed very nice and easy to talk to.
    In interview, all the questions were behavioral questions, such as, in which section do you prefer to work in? How you can manage multiple responsibilities? When did you do something, which made your group members and your supervisor very interested?, etc.
    I received a letter from company 1 week later, that I did not accepted to the position.
    Based on recruiters' info. they were mainly seeking for BS (or at most MS) students, and not graduate (PhD) students. So, I think I did not have high chance to get an offer from this company.

Interview Questions

• in which section do you prefer to work in? How you can manage multiple responsibilities? When did you do something, which made your group members and your supervisor very interested?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I submitted a resume and cover letter and was selected to interview on campus. I received a call from a specific business division two weeks later to interview at the new ExxonMobil campus in Houston, TX. There were 3 45-minute interviews back-to-back. I received the decision call two weeks later.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2015.

Interview

I had an interview on campus with a team's manager. He started off the interview with small talk get me more comfortable. He then asked me questions about what I had on my resume. Several of his questions were about my previous projects and experiences. Then he mainly asked behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through my school's portal. the process took 2-3 weeks

Questions were mainly behavioral and the environment of the interview was relaxed. Asked questions about when I would like to start and location preferences

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were not given all that was required to complete a task   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Penn, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a 45 minutes interview. The interviewer introduced about the interview process and his or her position right now. Then he or she would start ask you interview questions. It was not very difficult and all behavior questions. They will leave time for you to ask questions at the end. There was only one recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What was your team work experience?
      What do you want us to know about you
      Answer Question