ExxonMobil Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.9

128 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Submitted my resume, transcript and was selected for an interview. Though the internship was technical in nature, the first interview was exclusively behavioral-based. Make sure you have good, well-rehearsed stories about your experiences that display some of your best work qualities.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

The interview was entirely behavioral. The interviewer was extremely friendly and treated the process like a conversation. The STAR method will help. They then informed me in around a week of my results.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you dealt with a stressful time and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied to internship at career fair, then received an email a few weeks later about the on campus interview. The interviewers were all alumni and there was a pre interview info session that is not required up recommended. All the questions were common interview questions nothing unexpected. They choose interns heavily based on GPA and prior experience in industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It is a on campus interview where you are asked about your resume. Basically go over each item on your resume that interests the interviewer. Then goes into behavior types of questions. Typeical questions which you can expect.

Interview Questions

• Is there a situation that you are not agree with your advisor, how you handle it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in August 2016.

Interview

Applied through the college job fair and conducted a short elevator type speech to recruiters. Two days later I was called in for an interview. I had a single person interview me. Although she had my resume she only asked behavioral questions. She was really nice and overall it went well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you that you would like me to know that you haven't yet mentioned.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I applied through my college and submitted a candidate profile through their website. Within a week, I was invited to an interview on campus. The questions were mostly behavioral based and were not too difficult to answer. The internship did require relocation. I did not receive an offer, but it was an overall pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to face a very difficult situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Last year on November, I got a phone call a day before the interview when I was on one of the conferences. It was my first interview ever therefore I am nervous and I was preparing the whole night. The interviewer is very nice and it was a relaxing interview. It basically go through what I have on my resume. However, I was not prepared to answer in depth on my resume. Since he is an engineer, he asked me to explain the entire process to him and listing the name of every essential substances that I have worked in my research. Since I was not able to answer fluently, I think I did bad on my interview. In addition, they are not hiring any summer internship since it was all full. They were looking for spring co-op. This interview is not really a hiring interview but more like a casual review of your resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your college experience before you transfer to this school. Tell me about your research experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview and I called the number given by them and this interview is most about technical questions. Firstly of all, they give the format of the interview and then different people ask different questions

Intern Interview

Interview

On campus Interview. When I stumbled on one question which I didn't really have an answer to, describe a time you had to give up a leadership position, they asked me about 5 more times and made me bomb the interview. Terrible experience.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Madison, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

Campus recruiting through our engineering school where I was offered an interview at the career fair led to an interview the next day. After the interviews were over I got a call and I was asked to meet the recruiters and some other top candidates for dinner. There were 6 candidates at dinner. About two weeks later I got a very generic email from an automated system. A few days after that I was emailed by a representative from the specific location to have a phone interview. The phone interview was an hour long with a general breakdown of: 20 minutes of the representative explaining the position and the details of the site, 15 minutes of me asking questions, 25 minutes of behavioral interview questions. I was told that I would have a definite answer within 2 weeks, but found out one week later that I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to solve a problem creatively?
      Tell me about a time you took a leadership position?
      Generally went through resume and asked me to explain or elaborate on experiences.   Answer Question