ExxonMobil Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 23, 2017

2.9

132 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2017.

Interview

The person interviewing me was an engineer and an alum of the college. It was a fairly straightforward interview, with questions regarding my experiences on my resume and some behavioral questions. I was asked what I was interested in specifically within the company, and I had time to ask questions about the company at the end. The process took 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a tough decision with a time constraint.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Champaign, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

phone interview after in person campus interview both of which were very professional. The only problem was the competition on campus to get the interview and the relative short interview due to time constraints of the interviewer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied in September through college career site. Got notified of first round interview the next week. On campus interview with behavioral questions. Really straightforward. They were really helpful with trying to fit my schedule. All the interviewers were alums of my college.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you disagreed with someone in your group? How did you handle it?
      Descrive a time something went wrong? What did you do first?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I applied via my school career portal, and never once spoke to a recruiter. Received an email a week later about an information session and setting up an interview time. The two recruiters were interviewing for full time and part time positions, 32 candidates in total.

The interview itself is purely behavioral questions. Nothing crazy, generic preparation and going through common Exxon questions will be very helpful. It seemed like that they were really looking for engineers with business concentrations, all of the prior year internships were given to integrated degree students.

I heard back a few weeks later through an automated message that I did not receive a position referral.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Submitted my resume, transcript and was selected for an interview. Though the internship was technical in nature, the first interview was exclusively behavioral-based. Make sure you have good, well-rehearsed stories about your experiences that display some of your best work qualities.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

The interview was entirely behavioral. The interviewer was extremely friendly and treated the process like a conversation. The STAR method will help. They then informed me in around a week of my results.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you dealt with a stressful time and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied to internship at career fair, then received an email a few weeks later about the on campus interview. The interviewers were all alumni and there was a pre interview info session that is not required up recommended. All the questions were common interview questions nothing unexpected. They choose interns heavily based on GPA and prior experience in industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It is a on campus interview where you are asked about your resume. Basically go over each item on your resume that interests the interviewer. Then goes into behavior types of questions. Typeical questions which you can expect.

Interview Questions

• Is there a situation that you are not agree with your advisor, how you handle it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in August 2016.

Interview

Applied through the college job fair and conducted a short elevator type speech to recruiters. Two days later I was called in for an interview. I had a single person interview me. Although she had my resume she only asked behavioral questions. She was really nice and overall it went well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you that you would like me to know that you haven't yet mentioned.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I applied through my college and submitted a candidate profile through their website. Within a week, I was invited to an interview on campus. The questions were mostly behavioral based and were not too difficult to answer. The internship did require relocation. I did not receive an offer, but it was an overall pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to face a very difficult situation?   1 Answer