ExxonMobil Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.9

120 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2015.

Interview

On-campus interview at university. Alumni from your major conduct the interview which places you on friendly territory with a common background. Typical behavioral questions for the interview. You can Google these types of questions and find examples. Use the STAR method to answer questions as the interviewer records all responses on a paper which is submitted to the location you are applying to.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to tell a team member no. How did you continue to work with them.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2015.

Interview

There were two interviews and one "Pre-Screening Process". I was contacted for an on-campus interview after our school's career fair. The interview followed the usual STAR format. Within 2 weeks, I was then contacted about a pre-screening phone conversation that would help them understand me as a candidate before having my second and final interview. This pre-screen consisted of validating things on my resume. After which, within a week I had a second 1 hour phone interview with someone specifically from the department I would be working in (Environmental Services) that more or less also followed the STAR format. After 2-3 weeks I heard back!

Interview Questions

• What is one decision you made that if you could change you would, and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview involved three phases: 1) phone screening (30 minutes); 2) phone interview (1 hour); 3) super day in Dallas with four other candidates (5 hours). The interview questions focused on my background. I was not quizzed about my knowledge of the company, nor was I asked any technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your outlook on global oil and natural gas markets?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

The first part of the interview process was with the on campus recruiter. The questions were just standard behavioral questions and some time was spent on the recruiter talking about the different companies/departments that ExxonMobil had and then asked which one you would prefer.

The second part of the interview process came a few weeks later. This was with a hiring manager from a specific company/department looking to actually hire me (the intern). The questions made me go into great detail about my resume and had a lot of questions regarding personal career choices and goals.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was "What is your career goal and how would working at ExxonMobil help you achieve that goal?"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Interviewed with several different people during one day. Each interview was approx 45 minutes. They took all the candidates who were also interviewing to lunch. Nothing was too difficult. I was just myself and answered each question honestly. Some scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• How did I go against something someone who was my superior told me to do.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

submitted resume and got an in person interview on campus for about 30 minutes. a few weeks later i get a phone interview with a specific organization within the company, and i received my offer shortly after.

Interview Questions

• nothing unexpected, the typical get-to-know you interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I requested an interview through my school's career fair and interviewed maybe a week later. It was very straightforward, much like a conversation. My interviewer went through my resume and asked me about various things, asking typical behavioral questions along the way (biggest challenges I faced while doing X, conflict resolution examples, etc.). It was very relaxed and pleasant.

I received an email about a week later saying that I had made it through the first round of interviews. Then I got a call from a site about a week later in which I was mostly asked what kind of work I'm interested in doing as an intern and why I'm interested in working at ExxonMobil. I received an internship offer at this site about a week after that.

Interview Questions

• What leadership skills have you learned/acquired through extracurricular activities that would be relevant to working at ExxonMobil?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate since the offer was well above what I indicated during the application process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

They ask a bunch of general action and response questions. This interview was with an employee that was from said university and was a working engineer. The interview was about 45 minutes of talking straight.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever run into a problem with a group member during a project?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied through the school. After I applied to hey contacted me for an on campus interview. I then interviewed on campus. Within two weeks I was told that my file had been accepted and sent to hiring managers. Then I was told in a week that I was being flown out for on site interviews. Got offer at the end.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you worked in a group and group members disagreed with you?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Applied online and received a request for an interview through school job search page. Interviewed on site, was a very straight forward behavioral interview. Interviewer was very nice and informative. He told me about what roles I might be performing on site and a little more about what the internship process would be like.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you had to convince others that your approach to a problem was the correct approach.   Answer Question