ExxonMobil Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Internship Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.8

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview. The process is fairly pleasant, which is an approximately one-hour one-on-one interview. After the interview, your material will be sent back to the offices to see if there is a matched team. If not matching the area they are seeking people for, then most likely no offer. But the interview process is overall pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Part I: Describe/elaborate some of the experiences listed on your resume.
    Part II: Behavioral questions, e.g. what is your strengths/weaknesses, what is the greatest achievements/failure, etc.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I found this position online via our school career service website. I applied for it and was emailed notified that I was invited to the interview. They hosted a reception that invited all the qualified recruits to a dinner and meet with the interviewers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (College Station, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through school's career fair site, got an on-campus interview for a week later. It was an hour long behavioral question interview. The interviewer was very nice, interview flowed like a normal conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was really informal process. I got the interview after I gave them my resume in a career fair at my school (UCLA) and also applied online. The interview was about 30 minutes, they did not ask me any technical questions.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask me any specific question, mostly asking what is my future plan after I graduate and asking some personal question.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I was selected for an interview through our campus career fair. The interview took about 45 minutes. Most of the questions were behavioral/leadership. You can find prepare yourself beforehand by reviewing the behavorial questions from many big companies (Boeing, Microsoft, etc..). After a week I was informed that I have passed the first round of interviews and my application is forwarded to different offices in Exxon having internship positions. I did not hear back for a couple of months. I emailed them to follow up and they said they did not find a match to my background (computational biophysics/biochemistry)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Gainesville, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

I was invited to an informational session via campus recruitment. They went over the various functions within the company and had hiring managers/engineers from each department stand up and speak. I had a 45-minute behavioral interview the next day. Overall, it was professional yet casual in discussion.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you overcame an obstacle.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you had to make a quickly-approaching deadline.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (New York, NY).

Interview

First interview was through campus recruiting. Then had a business line interview over the phone and a third interview with an employee in the department also over the phone. You have to have strong grades, exhibit leadership qualities, and be confident in yourself. Interviews are more behavioral based, and they're logic is that they'll teach you the ExxonMobil ways of accomplishing your tasks.

Interview Questions

• Why ExxonMobil?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were faced with adversity on a team, and how you mitigated that problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As an intern, negotiating wouldn't have been smart. I was thankful for the opportunity, and the pay leaves little more to be desired.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter on campus and submitted a resume during our campus' career fair. I was contacted a week or so later for an on-campus interview. The interview was entirely behavioral, "tell me about a time when you dealt with x, y, or z." The interview was pretty relaxed and the interviewer did a good job of making it seem rather informal. Be sure to prepare specific examples of projects or teams you have worked on.

Interview Questions

• I was asked specifically whether I had experience in data analysis and making recommendations for process changes based on that analysis.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

Interview

It was a 30 minute, on campus interview which focused on my resume and interest in being a geologist. At the end I was asked to fill out an application online.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

Interview

I did not have any in-person contact with the interviews before the interview date. I was emailed about 10 days prior to the interview and told to pick a timeslot on my college career website. I just picked the time and it was approved. I showed up and participated in the 30 minute interview.

Interview Questions

• Why shouldn't you work for us? Why would you be bad for the company?   1 Answer