ExxonMobil Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 10, 2017

2.8

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied through school portal, btw I am from Singapore. After initial CV screen, about 15 candidates are shortlisted for my plant, in the end 4 got in. There is only one round of interview, conducted by operation manger of the plant. The interview is very relaxed with him bringing me around, we had a nice discussion for about half an hour.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2010.

Interview

well they wanted to know about the background of the company then they asked tell me about yourself later we discussed projects undertaken

Interview Questions

• how willl you handle a stressful situation in work??   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2013.

Interview

Simple behavioral style interview. Consisted of 3 or 4 for questions and a basic description of ExxonMobil. Lasted about 45 minutes

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked in a team and one team member was difficult to work with, and what did you do to handle it?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter on campus and submitted a resume during our campus' career fair. I was contacted a week or so later for an on-campus interview. The interview was entirely behavioral, "tell me about a time when you dealt with x, y, or z." The interview was pretty relaxed and the interviewer did a good job of making it seem rather informal. Be sure to prepare specific examples of projects or teams you have worked on.

Interview Questions

• I was asked specifically whether I had experience in data analysis and making recommendations for process changes based on that analysis.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was really informal process. I got the interview after I gave them my resume in a career fair at my school (UCLA) and also applied online. The interview was about 30 minutes, they did not ask me any technical questions.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask me any specific question, mostly asking what is my future plan after I graduate and asking some personal question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (College Station, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through school's career fair site, got an on-campus interview for a week later. It was an hour long behavioral question interview. The interviewer was very nice, interview flowed like a normal conversation.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Was really chill. The interviewers are literally chit chatting with you, but getting to know you at the same time. They do not seem to have high expectations, you just have to chill and have fun.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite subject in school?
      Why Exxonmobil?
      What do you hope to achieve in this internship?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

Interview

It was a 30 minute, on campus interview which focused on my resume and interest in being a geologist. At the end I was asked to fill out an application online.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I was selected for an interview through our campus career fair. The interview took about 45 minutes. Most of the questions were behavioral/leadership. You can find prepare yourself beforehand by reviewing the behavorial questions from many big companies (Boeing, Microsoft, etc..). After a week I was informed that I have passed the first round of interviews and my application is forwarded to different offices in Exxon having internship positions. I did not hear back for a couple of months. I emailed them to follow up and they said they did not find a match to my background (computational biophysics/biochemistry)

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in HarbourFront (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (HarbourFront (Singapore)) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview took about 30minutes. My interviewer was conducted by my would-be supervisor. Interviewer was nice, briefly explained the internship program and my future job scope.
    Questions asked mostly about previous experience related to the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how has your previous experience prepared you for this job   Answer Question