ExxonMobil Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.8

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I found this position online via our school career service website. I applied for it and was emailed notified that I was invited to the interview. They hosted a reception that invited all the qualified recruits to a dinner and meet with the interviewers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview. The process is fairly pleasant, which is an approximately one-hour one-on-one interview. After the interview, your material will be sent back to the offices to see if there is a matched team. If not matching the area they are seeking people for, then most likely no offer. But the interview process is overall pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Part I: Describe/elaborate some of the experiences listed on your resume.
      Part II: Behavioral questions, e.g. what is your strengths/weaknesses, what is the greatest achievements/failure, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (College Station, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through school's career fair site, got an on-campus interview for a week later. It was an hour long behavioral question interview. The interviewer was very nice, interview flowed like a normal conversation.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

over skype. the questions are standard question like what motivates you to work for exxon mobil, what are there priorities you look for when looking for internships etc. as an international student they asked me why i choose to study in UK and waht i do to adpat to differnet environment. nothing out of the norm. it was quite about 20 mins over skype.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was really informal process. I got the interview after I gave them my resume in a career fair at my school (UCLA) and also applied online. The interview was about 30 minutes, they did not ask me any technical questions.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask me any specific question, mostly asking what is my future plan after I graduate and asking some personal question.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied through school portal, btw I am from Singapore. After initial CV screen, about 15 candidates are shortlisted for my plant, in the end 4 got in. There is only one round of interview, conducted by operation manger of the plant. The interview is very relaxed with him bringing me around, we had a nice discussion for about half an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Gainesville, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

I was invited to an informational session via campus recruitment. They went over the various functions within the company and had hiring managers/engineers from each department stand up and speak. I had a 45-minute behavioral interview the next day. Overall, it was professional yet casual in discussion.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you overcame an obstacle.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you had to make a quickly-approaching deadline.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Melbourne (Australia)) in August 2014.

Interview

2 rounds of face to face interviews, each is with you and 2 engineers from the company. Lots of behavioural questions. I applied in July (I think, can't quite remember) got the offer around August.

The internship was a really good experience. Scope of work is big, but manageable for the 3 month period, pay is very good, there is support available and people are very willing to help. They gave me an interesting project and the people there are good to work with.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were faced with a morally challenging situation   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in HarbourFront (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (HarbourFront (Singapore)) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview took about 30minutes. My interviewer was conducted by my would-be supervisor. Interviewer was nice, briefly explained the internship program and my future job scope.
    Questions asked mostly about previous experience related to the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how has your previous experience prepared you for this job   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I was selected for an interview through our campus career fair. The interview took about 45 minutes. Most of the questions were behavioral/leadership. You can find prepare yourself beforehand by reviewing the behavorial questions from many big companies (Boeing, Microsoft, etc..). After a week I was informed that I have passed the first round of interviews and my application is forwarded to different offices in Exxon having internship positions. I did not hear back for a couple of months. I emailed them to follow up and they said they did not find a match to my background (computational biophysics/biochemistry)