ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2017

541 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I had an on-campus behavioral interview following a resume submission online. Interviewer did not seem interested at all, nor did he make any eye contact throughout the interview. Definitely an unwelcoming experience.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you overcame a challenge working with others?   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

They asked a bunch of behavioral style questions that you are supposed to use the star method to answer for, such as "Tell me about a time when you..." questions.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied at the school career fair, had an interview the next day. Was told that decisions wouldn't be made for several weeks. After several weeks I was called and flown down for in person interviews. Overall, a pretty standard process

Interview Questions

• Standard behaviorial questions and questions related to my projects   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied through my campus website. I went to an info session and career fair. Had an on campus interview that was 45 minutes long with one recruiter. They were very receptive and nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to complete a task and didn’t have enough information.   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Interview

Very intense. Had the sense that civil engineers were unneeded/unimportant. Interviewer seemed nice but drilled questions. They want specific, detailed, step by step answers to behavioral questions. Don't skip out on preparation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with Diversity?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Met them at University Career Fair, had interview 2 days after, was mostly behavioral questions that were based on teamwork and leadership experience, got rejection 2 weeks after but by an automatic email message

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you had to do something when a team member was being uncooperative?   Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

All behavioral. There was no technical aspect to the interview because they trust in the students from their perspective schools that they will be able to learn. Completely screened by GPA to tell if you deserve an interview.

Supply Interview

Interview

Nice people, they really seemed like they wanted to get to know you. Very informative in the way they spoke. Every person really liked their job, and it was obvious in the way they talked about it

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Park, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (University Park, PA).

Interview

On campus Interview. I went to career fair and applied online. Got notice for an interview about a week later. Interview was not too bad. Interviewer was a bit awkward.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked with a team and the goal changed midway through the project?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

On campus interview. Interviewer was nice and made sure that I wasn't nervous. All behavioral. Make sure you know your resume inside out and answer in STAR format. Heard back with a respond about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked with people who had different opinions.   Answer Question