ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,114 Interview Reviews

2.9

1,114 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the campus hiring website. Then I attended the info session where they answered basic questions about how the interview process is. Last was the face to face interview and job offer in a couple days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a group problem and you came up with the solution   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I applied online and met with recruiters at event at my university. The interviewed candidates at the university for two days. They recruiters were nice and invested in my answers and growth as an engineer.

Interview Questions

• How did you approach a situation when you didn't have all the information?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX).

Interview

Spoke at the career fair with a representative. Then applied online through the school career website, where 20 individuals from the engineering school were selected for on campus interviews. After that stage there was a phone screening which ultimately ended up with an all day interview/visit at the Houston campus. The night before was a recruitment dinner, which helped answer any questions you may have and is with younger engineers. All interviews were behavioral questions, as long as you prepare STAR examples beforehand you will be fine! People skills go a long way with EM, so it's best to be yourself. Process started in August and ended in November, went very smoothly and they really seem to care about you.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time you kept repeating something through trial and error and kept failing. How did you eventually overcome this challenge?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX).

Interview

The hiring process was great! It was about 1 1/2 long, interviewed with 4 people at two different time. In the past, I've always feared group interviews but the process was good.

IT Manager Interview

Interview

They came to campus and asked us about why we liked Exxon and would move to Houston. It was one on one with a recruiter. Dress business professional. It was the initial interview, if you do well in this round you are flown to Houston to meet with employees at their campus and have a serious of interviews there.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you worked in a team with someone you didn't like and how did you handle that experience?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

On-campus at university interview after career fair and on-site interview at Headquarters; it was over-night with a dinner with young professionals, breakfast with host, benefits meeting, and three 45 minute behavior based interviews. The on-site interview ended with a tour of headquarters and lunch.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest challenge you had to overcome to get to where you are now?   Answer Question

Fixed Equipment Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Four interviews in one day with plant tour and travel and board paid for by the company. Very casual and professional including paid for lunch and dinners along with travel

Interview Questions

• Lots of diving deep into your technical decision making   Answer Question

Early College Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Starkville, MS).

Interview

The interviewer was very polite and overall it was a good experience. I believe all of the questions were STAR question and they were pretty normal questions. Overall the interview was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• They only had STAR questions   1 Answer

Buissness Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College, AK

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (College, AK).

Interview

They first conduct GD in which what matters the most is your communication skills along with solid points to explain yourself.
    Interview is totally dependent on type of HR your fate makes you face. Mine was very cooperative..... She made me comfortable at once and then shot bullets of questions.

Process Operator Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Interview was unlike any interview I've ever been on. It pretty much let's you know that you're interviewing for a highly competitive job, somewhat like auditioning for a TV show. The interview was held in the Hilton hotel where ExxonMobil rented out an entire floor where they had multiple interviews going on at once. The first group asks mainly background questions about your work history/educational history etc. The next group of interviewers ask situational questions. My advice would be to prepare yourself before you go by writing down key points on a notepad and writing questions down for the end of the interview. A LOT of questions, they love it. Two months later I received a phone call with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were in a stressful situation and how you overcame that situation.   Answer Question