ExxonMobil Intern - Hourly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Intern - Hourly Interview Questions

Interviews at ExxonMobil

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Blacksburg, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

I went to career expo my sophomore year and talked to recruiter from ExxonMobil. In the afternoon, I received an email to sign up in the school's job database to sign up for interview. Two days after that, I had my interview with ExxonMobil on campus. The recruiters were really easy to talk to and my interviewer was super nice. She made the interview more like a casual talk rather than a formal interview.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are behavior questions. The only one took my off-guard was why I picked my school and my major. I was inexperienced and didn't prepare for those questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Done through campus recruiting. Saw them at a career fair and received information to interview a few weeks later. Interview was very structured and behavioral based. There were many other applicants.

Interview Questions

• How was your transition to college?
      Name a time when you came up with an innovative solution to a problem.
      How do you work with teams?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Bethlehem, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions. The interviewer was very nice and convinced me to want the job even though it was very far away. I liked how he let me add anything that wasn't covered in the interview that I thought was necessary to add. About 45 minutes overall and felt more like a conversation than a Q&A.

Interview Questions

• Greatest Accomplishment? Time you worked on a team? Where do you think you would best fit at Exxon?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

For Fuels, Lubricants, and Specialties Marketing there are two rounds. The first was on campus, after our University's career fair. The second round interview was at the ExxonMobil campus and consisted of 3 forty-five minute interviews. The night before the second round interviews you attend a dinner with your assigned host and a few other interview candidates. After the interviews you will have a lunch on the ExxonMobil campus with your host and the other candidates.

Interview Questions

• A round 1 question was regarding strengths. What are your biggest strengths?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2015.

Interview

There was an interview on campus. The questions were mostly personal and about items on my resume. They didn't act like they were trying to grill me. They were polite and seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say. It was a very comfortable interview, not like they were trying to put any extreme pressure on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I went up to the Exxon booth at a career fair. I got an interview on the spot. They want to see that you have a high gpa and are a leader.

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA) in October 2017.

Interview

Straightforward. 1 in person interview and 2 skype interviews. behavioral based. 1 hour discussing your activities and resume and interests. 1 hour asking "what if" or "how would you handle this type of situation" questions

Interview Questions

• If you could make a change in your current company, what would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly informal, more so of an opportunity to get to know you. Several behavioral questions, but nothing that required preparation. The interviewers for the two summers I have interviewed for ExxonMobil have been very personable and simply want to know your personality.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you did as *a certain work experience position*?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2018.

Interview

This was the second on campus interview with them. The interviewer did not seem to like the answers to any of my questions. I never got an offer but also never received a rejection so I was left waiting on what happened.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to convince a team to do something your way   Answer Question