ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in HarbourFront (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (HarbourFront (Singapore)) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very difficult. I figured that took the first 10 minutes to decide if they wanted me or not. The answer was no. So, they tested me with a lot of difficult technical questions to dampen my confidence. My peers did not have this difficult interview. Hence, I felt like they have already decided if I was a fit at the first 10 minutes.

Business Analyst - Brussels 2016 Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in April 2016.

Interview

Online application - followed by an invitation to complete an on-line numerical test. The test contains 10 questions and you have 10 minutes. A week later, I received a negative reply, saying that they will not be progressing my application. Three test questions were easy at the beginning of the online test.

Interview Questions

• Numerical related questions such as interpreting graphs, calculating percentages...   Answer Question

Gas and Power Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leatherhead, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Leatherhead, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

After EMEC, got put to final round interview with 4 different interviews: one pannel, 2 individual, and one situational judgement. Each was of one hour, and quite difficult as they drilled my CV. I had a 'buddy' which followed me around the whole day. He was a nice chap, and talked to me a lot about the company and what they do, made the whole experience much more relaxing.

Interview Questions

• How would you try sell gas obtained from middle east given the current geopolitical conditions? (with a map being provided to help me jot down ideas)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied online through website, passed the psychometric tests and then was emailed with notification of telephone interview, whole process took about 3 weeks or so. Results were also very quick, only about 2 days after.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me a time when you analysed numerical data to reach a conclusion.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was on-campus. It was a behavioral interview; formulaic. The HR reps also held an informational session and a smaller group session for people who wanted to ask any questions about the company and/or position. Side note: Exxon has a reputation as being pompous and you have to buy into that and stroke their employees' collective egos. Also, I cautiously asked about their LGBT policies (of which they have a very unimpressive history) and their environmental stewardship (of which they have none)-- and I strongly believe those questions were one reason I didn't get an offer. They want candidates who drink their kool-aid.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you find convinced others to do something they didn't want to do. How did you do it? (Or questions very similar. The questions overlapped a lot.)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2016.

Interview

Competency based skype interview for 30 minutes, easy questions and very friendly. Then if passed, face to face interview with technical managers which was mainly competency based again for 45 minutes. This was more difficult with challenging questions and probing into your answers. Around 2 weeks later they emailed the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to dishonour a commitment   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

It was a 30 minute Skype interview. The interviewer was pleasant and very friendly. It was competency based. She shocked me by asking me to give her a time when I had to analyse financial data. I was told the interview was purely based on my skills and background.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time of when you made a bad decision and stuck with it.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst - Treasurer's Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university. Filled out their online application and received an offer for a first round interview. I had about a week to prepare for the interview. Completed the interview via videochat and they asked a mix of behavioral and industry specific questions. A lot of the behavioral questions were the classic "How were you a leader? What was a time you exhibited out of the box thinking?, etc" questions. The industry specific questions were more difficult about what to do with excess capital, or quickly raise capital. I would recommend a good bit of industry specific research for this kind of interview.

Interview Questions

• If Exxon had to fund a large product, how would you suggest raising the capital required?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

I went to an on campus information session and then spoke to a recruiter at the career fair. I was contacted for an interview a few days later. The interview was behavioral based, but my interviewer wanted very specific information and numbers for each answer. Overall, my interactions with ExxonMobil were pleasant and I would apply again.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to decide between two conflicting sources of data   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Submitted my resume, transcript and was selected for an interview. Though the internship was technical in nature, the first interview was exclusively behavioral-based. Make sure you have good, well-rehearsed stories about your experiences that display some of your best work qualities.