ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2017

2.9

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in HarbourFront (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (HarbourFront (Singapore)) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very difficult. I figured that took the first 10 minutes to decide if they wanted me or not. The answer was no. So, they tested me with a lot of difficult technical questions to dampen my confidence. My peers did not have this difficult interview. Hence, I felt like they have already decided if I was a fit at the first 10 minutes.

Business Analyst - Brussels 2016 Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in April 2016.

Interview

Online application - followed by an invitation to complete an on-line numerical test. The test contains 10 questions and you have 10 minutes. A week later, I received a negative reply, saying that they will not be progressing my application. Three test questions were easy at the beginning of the online test.

Interview Questions

• Numerical related questions such as interpreting graphs, calculating percentages...   Answer Question

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

The interview was conducted at the Radison Hotel in Baton Rouge. It was composed of two interviews in two different rooms. In the first room, the interviewers were human resource people, and Process Operations representatives. In the second room, the interviewers were technical type people such as engineers. The questions we all tell me questions about what have you done, or what did you do type of questions.

Gas and Power Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leatherhead, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Leatherhead, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

After EMEC, got put to final round interview with 4 different interviews: one pannel, 2 individual, and one situational judgement. Each was of one hour, and quite difficult as they drilled my CV. I had a 'buddy' which followed me around the whole day. He was a nice chap, and talked to me a lot about the company and what they do, made the whole experience much more relaxing.

Interview Questions

• How would you try sell gas obtained from middle east given the current geopolitical conditions? (with a map being provided to help me jot down ideas)   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

Difficult, at times a little disengaging,definitely not worth making an effort for as these questions test intuitionand critical thinking which is most people struggle as millenials in general have no idea how to think critically.

final interview can be a bit intense as you come so close to getting a job offer

Interview Questions

• How many tennis balls could you fit in wimbledon   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied online through website, passed the psychometric tests and then was emailed with notification of telephone interview, whole process took about 3 weeks or so. Results were also very quick, only about 2 days after.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me a time when you analysed numerical data to reach a conclusion.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA) in September 2013.

Interview

Dropped my resume off at our campus career fair. Received a call and scheduled an on campus interview with one of their recruiters. Basic behavioral interview that lasted approximately one hour. The majority of the interview was spend discussing my prior internships, extra curricular activities, and research. Received a call about a week later and scheduled an on site interview for the following week. The on site interview included five interviews: two behavioral with supervisors, one technical with a technical expert, one with HR, and one with an executive. The whole day ran from about 7-2 including lunch with new hires and breakfast with a host. Received an offer two days later. The whole process took about 3 weeks from initial interview to offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Explain periods of unemployment or lack of involvement in organizations. What were you doing during that time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate because compensation was far superior to competition.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint John, NB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Saint John, NB (Canada)) in January 2010.

Interview

1 interview that lasted for 3 hours. All the questions are behavioral based questions like tell me one time when you had to make a risky decision and how it turned out...

Interview Questions

• behavioral typed questions.. tell me how you dealt with a difficult co-worker   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

I had several telephone interviews and once I passed those interviews I was called into their main office. Once at their office I was given a 1-on-1 interview first with an HR person and then with a hiring manager. About a month later I was contacted and I was brought in for a Group/Panel Interview and I was grilled by three different people.

Interview Questions

• Please describe the functionality of a fiber channel connection in a storage area network and name three SAN vendors that you have developed a business relationship with.   Answer Question

Advanced Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clinton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Clinton, NJ) in November 2013.

Interview

Presentation followed by 8 one-on-one's. Good interview approach and vetting. Tough but not unreasonable questions. The audience was much more engaged than what I was used to in grad school. People at Exxonmobil do not just show up to a presentation to let the words wash over them - they ask questions and make sure they understand.

Interview Questions

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
ExxonMobil Process Engineer Interview HarbourFront (Singapore) What did you do during your internship?
ExxonMobil Business Analyst - Brussels 2016 Interview Numerical related questions such as interpreting graphs, calculating percentages...
ExxonMobil Gas and Power Marketing Interview Leatherhead, England (UK) How would you try sell gas obtained from middle east given the current geopolitical conditions? (with a map being provided to help me jot down ideas)
ExxonMobil Petroleum Engineer Interview Aberdeen, Scotland (UK) How many tennis balls could you fit in wimbledon
ExxonMobil Intern Interview Please tell me a time when you analysed numerical data to reach a conclusion.
ExxonMobil Chemical Engineer Interview Baton Rouge, LA Explain periods of unemployment or lack of involvement in organizations. What were you doing during that time?
ExxonMobil Credit Analyst Interview Saint John, NB (Canada) behavioral typed questions.. tell me how you dealt with a difficult co-worker
ExxonMobil Information Technology Interview Houston, TX Please describe the functionality of a fiber channel connection in a storage area network and name three SAN vendors that you have developed a business relationship with.
ExxonMobil Advanced Researcher Interview Clinton, NJ How would you scale up your process?