ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2017

540 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Process Specialist Interview

Interview

overall the questions were not tough, more were based on past experience and people skills.

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

The first round interview consists of 5 behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to reach a goal but had insufficient resources.   Answer Question

Intenship Upstream Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Lot of behavioral questions...Very few technical questions...difficult situation faced..priority changed suddenly and how did you meet those ...team work...conflict with teammate and so on..

Interview Questions

• Name two situation where you motivated a team which was not performing well   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

nterview Details – applied at their website, have a campuse interview, waiting for their feedback

Interview Question – all was usual STAR questions...

Have multiple examples in mind for each of the above. Internet research will provide loads of behavior based interview example questions. Try to mention safety. Focus on your contribution. Use the situation, issues, action model.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

only got to first round

Interview Questions

• really ambiguous questions
      goes over your resume in depth   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

They brought me in for an interview after I had applied for an on campus interview. The interview was an hour long and I talked one on one with my interviewer. The questions I was asked were mostly behavioral - what was the biggest challenge you've faced in a project that you have worked on, what are you biggest strengths and biggest weaknesses, etc. I was not asked any technical questions. They let me know I would be receiving an answer about whether or not I was chosen for a second interview within 2 weeks and were very cordial.

Interview Questions

• Explain, in detail, a project you've worked on where you had to work through difficulties and how you overcame them.   Answer Question

URC Summer Intern Interview

Interview

Submitted my resume through campus career fair. Got the interview a few weeks later. The interview lasted about 45 minutes with basic behavioral questions, like how to you handle deadlines, what is your expertise, describe your research experience and etc. Generally an easy interview. But I was told at the beginning that this is their informational interview, not job specific.

Interview Questions

• How do you persuade your colleagues when you have different opinions.   Answer Question

Metallurgist Interview

Interview

interview went great. but apparently no positions open anymore

PhD Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I first applied through campus career fair. I then received an email invitation to an on-campus interview. The interview itself is mostly behavioral although there were brief discussions on academic achievements and research interests.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer wanted to know how I deal with difficult people   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Got an email from a campus recruiter(alumni) requesting an interview and instructions for registering through their career website. All behavioral type questions for the 1st one-on-one interview, which was 30 min long. The interviewer took notes throughout. Got acceptance approximately a week and waiting for local hiring manager to contact me again with specific positions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me once you were on a team and a team member did not do his work.   Answer Question