ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.9

924 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Process Specialist Interview

Interview

overall the questions were not tough, more were based on past experience and people skills.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

There would be an interview with 3 people from different sections of the plant to access your capabilities. They would ask you questions based on your resume, following that test you on your technical knowledge and anything which you might have talked about. Usual information on why you choose the company etc.

Interview Questions

• A technical question will be asked on the spot which will test you on basic engineering knowledge   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Initial contact was on campus career fair. Got an call to schedule an interview that same day. Interview was about an hour long. Pretty relaxed interview, very conversational to start. STAR interview format, they ask you to name a situation and task and how you reacted in that situation. Fairly straightforward, no real curveballs. Asked about campus activities, biggest achievements, etc. Got a decision in a ~month's time. Although I believe they make their decision soon after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had a disagreement with a team member or coworker.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer letter sent out.

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lagos (Nigeria)

Interview

Interview was with in-line supervisors and managers, questions where basically personal and career proficiency based

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

The first round interview consists of 5 behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to reach a goal but had insufficient resources.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Online application and phone interview

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are expected except there're few regarding grades and competencies.   Answer Question

Intenship Upstream Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Lot of behavioral questions...Very few technical questions...difficult situation faced..priority changed suddenly and how did you meet those ...team work...conflict with teammate and so on..

Interview Questions

• Name two situation where you motivated a team which was not performing well   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

nterview Details – applied at their website, have a campuse interview, waiting for their feedback

Interview Question – all was usual STAR questions...

Have multiple examples in mind for each of the above. Internet research will provide loads of behavior based interview example questions. Try to mention safety. Focus on your contribution. Use the situation, issues, action model.

Senior Engineer Interview

Interview

Host takes the candidate for an informal dinner the night before the interview day. The day starts with about half an hour long overview about the company from human resources. This is followed by an hour long presentation by the candidate on his/her thesis work. The candidate is then escorted to a series of half hour long interviews by 4-5 senior technical folks before finally being interviewed by a director. An hour long facility tour and "how we work" session" is held with the host and a recent hire. Usually, all the interviewers get together that evening itself to give their nays and yeas.

Summer Intern Interview

Interview

Process began with an on-campus information session and career fair networking. I then applied for an interview and was accepted to that stage. The interview was behavioral, not technical. Questions were largely specific to my resume, and probing in the direction of leadership, teamwork, and challenging problem-solving.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in your career in the medium-term?   Answer Question