ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.9

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Bloomington, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a single round interview that consisted solely on a 45 minute bahvior based questions. Very friendly recruiters and responded the next day with a decision. They choose 50 interns a year nationwide to go to the Houston, TX campus.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you worked in a team and you succeeded at a particular task.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (College Station, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Primarily Behavioral, and it was very structured. He asked a question, and I gave the answer, and there was not much conversation besides that. He took notes on everything I said.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had trouble working with a teammate, and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It is a on campus interview where you are asked about your resume. Basically go over each item on your resume that interests the interviewer. Then goes into behavior types of questions. Typeical questions which you can expect.

Interview Questions

• Is there a situation that you are not agree with your advisor, how you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Lewisburg, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Sit down, character interview. they asked several questions about the type of person I was and my engineering experience. Overall it was intensive but not too difficult or tricky, in terms of the questions they asked.

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Antwerp (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Antwerp (Belgium)) in May 2014.

Interview

2 gesprekken vol vragen over redeneren en veiligheid. Het eerste gesprek is meer algemeen bv waarom je solliciteert en ook een peiling naar je kennis ivm processkennis vooral over pompen. De 2de maal wordt extra aandacht gegeven aan veiligheid en logisch redeneren. Beide gesprekken waren mondeling.

Interview Questions

• Wat is de hoek tussen de 2 wijzers wanneer het kwart na 3 is.   1 Answer

Chemical Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Typical situational/behavioral questions, after a series of online assessments and application. It was Skype-based initially, followed by an additional face to face interview with extended questions. There wasn't much guidance on how long each stage would take and you would be left waiting to hear for a fair bit of time.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

They call you in and set up an interview face to face, then you have to go out and meet the crew, they take you to a plant and teach you everything

Planning Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

The selection process was pretty smooth. From Group Discussions to multiple interviews, everything was taken care of well. The recruiters were very supportive during the interview indeed. They asked questions that were mostly behavioral in nature, as the role doesn't require much technical know how.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

After the aptitude test, there was a GD round. After the shortlist for GD, it was the first round of interview.The interview was mainly HR type though there were couple of questions based on my projects and internships.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the campus hiring website. Then I attended the info session where they answered basic questions about how the interview process is. Last was the face to face interview and job offer in a couple days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a group problem and you came up with the solution   Answer Question