ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,110 Interview Reviews

2.9

Chemical Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

All behavior based questions. one on one interview, sit down. They were all scripted questions about my behaviors. "Describe a time when someone didn't do what they were expected to do, and what did you do to fix the situation." Overall easy and average questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when someone fell short of their responsibilities, and what did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Prague (Czech Republic)).

Interview

There are 2 ppls there, not from HR but a superviser with team leader from some other team interviewed me. About 1 hours with a lot of questions about working experiences. You only need to be smart and bachelor degree not needed.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince ppls who disagree with you   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Brussels (Belgium)) in November 2017.

Interview

Bad experience, normal questions but I felt that what I said was never what they exactly wanted to hear. They were really looking for specific answers to the questions.

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavioral questions   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Interview

They came to campus and asked us about why we liked Exxon and would move to Houston. It was one on one with a recruiter. Dress business professional. It was the initial interview, if you do well in this round you are flown to Houston to meet with employees at their campus and have a serious of interviews there.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you worked in a team with someone you didn't like and how did you handle that experience?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX).

Interview

The hiring process was great! It was about 1 1/2 long, interviewed with 4 people at two different time. In the past, I've always feared group interviews but the process was good.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Prague (Czech Republic)) in December 2017.

Interview

First I had interview with 2 guys from Prague, after that I had interview with possible boss in UK. Everything on the phone, after that you can get face to face interview, but I didnt get it.

Industrial Hygienist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Submitted application online. HR contacted be for a first interview. 2 interviews were conducted. The first one was to find out about candidate’s personality. The second one was on technical knowledge and presentation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about yourself. What are your hobbies and interests?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in January 2017.

Interview

Star Method - make sure you prepare in advance and practice technical questions. Sell yourself! Eye contact is important, work on presentation and talking confidently and comfortably. Cannot emphasize Star Method enough.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest contribution to your previous employer?   2 Answers

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rotterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Rotterdam (Netherlands)) in November 2017.

Interview

Ik heb online gesolliciteerd graduate engineer in Rotterdam, CV + motivatiebrief. Daarna kreeg ik telefoontje dat ik door was en op gesprek mocht komen. Dit was 3 dagen later vond dit gesprek plaats in Rotterdam

Interview Questions

• Ik had twee gesprekken met telkens 2 personnen erbij. Deze personen konden je eerste baas worden en dus hadden ze grote invloed met dit gesprek. Eerst werd je CV doorgenomen en moest je de standaard sollicitatie vragen beantwoorden. Daarna kreeg je een "case" voorgelegd die je moest oplossen. Hier kijken ze vooral hoe je het probleem analyseert en tot de oplossing komt door de juiste vragen te stellen. In het algemeen vond ik het een moeilijk gesprek waarbij er uitdagende vragen gesteld werden. Tevens vond ik er een drukkende sfeer hangen waardoor ik niet op mijn gemak was.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

On-campus at university interview after career fair and on-site interview at Headquarters; it was over-night with a dinner with young professionals, breakfast with host, benefits meeting, and three 45 minute behavior based interviews. The on-site interview ended with a tour of headquarters and lunch.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest challenge you had to overcome to get to where you are now?   Answer Question