ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.9

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

Basic screening + Panel interview
    Final round by HR
    Background check + Medical test
    Average lead time for entire process is ~3 months.
    Timewise it is painful to wait for such a long period

Interview Questions

• Basic background Qs
      Qs more on to check attitude
      Ethical check
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate hard
    If they like you then you can bargain additional 10-15%

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in February 2017.

Interview

Conducted a phone interview with two personnel from the company in Annandale, New Jersey. Interview was very short, as they mentioned up front that they would not pay for relocation, or to fly me out for an interview, as this was to be a locally-sourced job. This was not mentioned in the job listing, and caused me to decline further interviewing

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX).

Interview

interview process was routine - staff was very friendly and helpful. There were several rounds of interviews with different personnel. Interview was focused on typical behavioral questions (tell me about a time you had to show leadership..etc)

Mechanical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2016.

Interview

The process is absolutely quick. I submitted the application form online and got the call from HR department just after 2 weeks. The interviewers are very nice and willing to answer all questions you have

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (New York, NY).

Interview

They came to our university for a career fair. I talked to them and was asked to apply online. I did and then got an on campus interview. The interview was 1 to 1 and the interviewer is a graduate from my university. The questions are all behavioral questions. I did not get an on-site interview afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What is your strength?
      What is your weakness?
      Do you want to work alone or in a team?
      Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Fawley Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Southampton, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was held in Southampton in the refinery. There were two people interviewing me, and they were very friendly. The interview was all competency based and started with the basic why chemeng, why oil and gas, why exxon type of questions. Then the rest of the questions were geared towards describing situations I had been in and how I reacted. Very focused on the STAR method, and it the format in which they write down your answers. I would say STAR is almost like their 'markscheme'

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had to face a serious change in life   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Got an interview through a career fair as a freshman, the interviewer was a project manager at ExxonMobil and was very personable. Since I was a freshman it wasn't a very difficult interview, and the interviewer was very clear that each interviewer argues your case with the others when they decide who finally gets the internship.

Advanced Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clinton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Clinton, NJ) in November 2013.

Interview

Presentation followed by 8 one-on-one's. Good interview approach and vetting. Tough but not unreasonable questions. The audience was much more engaged than what I was used to in grad school. People at Exxonmobil do not just show up to a presentation to let the words wash over them - they ask questions and make sure they understand.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA) in November 2013.

Interview

On campus interview, flown to site for a day of interviews, all expenses paid. People asked reasonable questions, not necessarily trying to stump you just trying to understand how you think and test your accomplishments.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Bakersfield, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview was great the only thing is that it is a bit difficult. You really have to be focused on why you are there and what you are there for. Although it looks easy, it really isn't. It takes time to get into the process.