ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Dec 12, 2017

542 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Equipment Strategy Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in December 2017.

Interview

I had 4 1:1 interviews for 4 hours. Mostly behavioral questions were asked. And it was more like chit chatting sessions. They provided free lunch afterwards and you've got to stay for second round if qualified, which they never mention in email/call. They're hiring for a remodel project, so they're looking for experienced hires.

Overall, i think it was a waste of time, money and energy since I came a long way to this interview. Don't bother to come if you don't have at least 4 years of working experience.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I had an on-campus behavioral interview following a resume submission online. Interviewer did not seem interested at all, nor did he make any eye contact throughout the interview. Definitely an unwelcoming experience.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you overcame a challenge working with others?   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

They asked a bunch of behavioral style questions that you are supposed to use the star method to answer for, such as "Tell me about a time when you..." questions.

Summer Lntern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Video interview (Skype). Required to send your skype details beforehand for them to call you. Ensure your Skype name is as professional as possible. Relaxed interview, interviewer took his time

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in situation where you needed to perform some numerical analysis   1 Answer

Graduate Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Online application, followed by a mathematics online test and a situational judgement test. The video interview went over my CV and asked about past work experiences, projects that I have worked on both in university and in industry, and subjects I have completed in high school.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a subject in high school you struggled with.   Answer Question

Geoscientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2016.

Interview

First interview was focused on CV and competency-based questions. Second stage was a short course, where candidates were divided into small teams to do different technical exercises over the course of two and half days.

Interview Questions

• This particular experience looks interesting on your CV, could you tell me more about it?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Southampton, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Application with normal CV and questions, Psychometric test which was maths verbal and problem solving, Video interview with normal interview questions, face to face interview on EMEC which was more about speaking t a from with show me tell me questions.

Interview Questions

• Showed a cycle schematic and given some information about some components. Was asked to identify another part based on previous information and knowledge from elsewhere,   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied at the school career fair, had an interview the next day. Was told that decisions wouldn't be made for several weeks. After several weeks I was called and flown down for in person interviews. Overall, a pretty standard process

Interview Questions

• Standard behaviorial questions and questions related to my projects   Answer Question

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in August 2017.

Interview

The interview had 4 rounds.
    1st round - Aptitude Test - Quant, Verbal and Logical.
    2nd round - Group Discussion on current topics.
    3rd round - Interview both HR and Technical.
    4th round - Interview in Bangalore office.

Industrial Placement Interview

Interview

Applied online through the website. Then invited to Skype interview which was about 30 minutes of competency questions, then face-to-face interview at Southampton which was mainly competency with technical questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you made a promise you couldn't commit to   Answer Question